Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I know it likely fades away once Brechin pump us, bur it's nice to actually feel positive about Saints again.

New owner and exciting young player signed up in one day just makes everything feel great.

3 years for Essel is excellent business. 18 years old with a good number of top team games to his name and also plenty of time to improve, you'd imagine young enough so he's not costing an arm and a leg so if it doesn't work out it won't be a hugely expensive gamble. 

more like this please, Adam/Craig/Andy

A significant day in the history of Saints, massive gratitude to Geoff and the Brown family for what they’ve done for the club over 40 years.

Unrecognisable from where we were mid 80’s. 

Look forward to see what Adam Webb brings. A change and a freshness is what the club needs so welcome to him.

Two things I hope he avoids;  getting dragged into listening to the loud bullshitters that will try to surround him or contact him with their ideas, and making decisions just to keep people happy or gain popularity with fans.  

It’s what Geoff and Steve did well, looking after the club’s best interests rather than chasing popularity.

29 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Two things I hope he avoids;  getting dragged into listening to the loud bullshitters that will try to surround him or contact him with their ideas, and making decisions just to keep people happy or gain popularity with fans.  

It’s what Geoff and Steve did well, looking after the club’s best interests rather than chasing popularity.

At the first meet the new owners event you can stand up and then go along the front row pointing and saying "good guy, good guy, w**k, w**k, w**k, w**k, inbred, good guy, w**k."

He can thank you later.

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

At the first meet the new owners event you can stand up and then go along the front row pointing and saying "good guy, good guy, w**k, w**k, w**k, w**k, inbred, good guy, w**k."

He can thank you later.

Didn't think you'd bother going to one of those tbh.

On 29/02/2020 at 07:48, RandomGuy. said:

You're now completely and utterly reliant on your owners continuing to chuck money down a black hole to pay off your losses. An owner who expects football fans to spend their whole day around the stadium as he expects to hosts concerts before every match.

How many American businessmen throw money away and dont expect a return on it? (And that's relevant to United aswell).

It’s a good statement for sure but you hardly expect him to say otherwise. 
However I just thought I share a note of warning (the first of many along the same lines), from one of your own. 

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

It’s a good statement for sure but you hardly expect him to say otherwise. 
However I just thought I share a note of warning (the first of many along the same lines), from one of your own. 

Yeah I'm fully aware he'll be getting money from somewhere, theres zero reason he'd buy us and not expect that. I've said for a while I expect him to turn the suites into more of a business and earn himself something from that and I still expect that

We're utterly reliant on him being true to his word but Geoff Brown deserves trusted with this decision.

38 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank goodness everything is wonderful now.

It’ll be better when our tic bills been paid. 

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It’ll be better when our tic bills been paid. 

Looking forward to his reaction when we have a new stadium built before Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A deluded bunch of village idiots. IMO.

Thank you.

eta Bookmark it.

Im sure you enjoyed your little European jaunt. Hopefully you made it into the next round of qualifiers. 

That is what you were doing isn’t it? Would be embarrassing for a friendly to have as much hype as a European tour. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Im sure you enjoyed your little European jaunt. Hopefully you made it into the next round of qualifiers. 

That is what you were doing isn’t it? Would be embarrassing for a friendly to have as much hype as a European tour. 

What were you lot doing? Boring the locals to death in Arbroath?

Thank you.