Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

46 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Robertson and Hastie to both score past Sinclair tomorrow NAP.

Geoff Browns interview (Link) interesting too, for a variety of reasons, as he seems to confirm he turned down a lot of people trying to buy the club as they wanted to sell some of the land included in the deal, whereas it sounds like Webb wants to keep the land and do something for the club/fans with it.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

No doubting the boy knows where the net is but Saints really should be scudding these c***s.

Don't disagree. Will they though? 

Tomorrow will gauge where they are mentally and whether they're capable to go out and play with confidence as favourites or shit the bed due to expectation.

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Tomorrow will gauge where they are mentally and whether they're capable to go out and play with confidence as favourites or shit the bed due to expectation.

Aye. A few folk who've been coasting, on the pitch and off it, about to get an almighty foot up the arse if they're expecting to get away with it any longer.

Step up or f**k off time boys.

Levein saying he wants another CB and winger.

Views Essel as a CM option at the moment.

Confirms Raymond signed but going through visa stuff. Essel might not be able to play tomorrow because of that too.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I used to never buy football kits but since living abroad have got quite into it as something to wear down the gym.

In recent years I've bought the purple/green away, last season's home and third, and the new home. 

All Macron 4XL. You could fit two of me in the purple/green and this season's home 4XL. Last season's home 4XL is too small. The black 3rd kit 4XL fits perfectly. 

Quite frustrating. 

I'm an XL down the high street.

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

If that’s all he thinks we need then we are fucked. 

Aye but he needs the players he currently has to still play for him and not crumple mentally after  being told they’re needing replaced!

8 hours ago, Costanza said:

If that’s all he thinks we need then we are fucked. 

36 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Aye but he needs the players he currently has to still play for him and not crumple mentally after  being told they’re needing replaced!

Pretty much this I imagine. Doubt he wants to go full MacLean and tell everyone he thinks Ferguson/Max/Smiths are shitebags but he can't replace them until some of them leave.

He said Essel is viewed as his Phillips replacement, so wonder if he rates him highly enough we'll see him and Sprangler start a lot? That feels kind of "dogs of war"-y is Essel is good, but gives you a Paton/Muzz midfield again so there's a lot of load on others to help on the ball.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Why explicitly say he wants a centre half and a winger then? Surely that upsets the players already in those areas?  We certainly can’t afford to be upsetting Josh McPake. He might demand a transfer or go on strike. 

25 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Why explicitly say he wants a centre half and a winger then? Surely that upsets the players already in those areas?  We certainly can’t afford to be upsetting Josh McPake. He might demand a transfer or go on strike. 

He just said those were the "next priority", I'm sure. And both are short on numbers really so makes sense. He mentioned in the same article about thinking Essel is a CM to him just now, and that Raymond is just waiting on work permit stuff, so what other position are you hoping he talked about?

It does worry me that he's hinted there that he sees Carey as more of a CM? 

So would be new winger/Wright/Steven/McPake fighting for the winger roles.

I'm waiting to judge them until later today. The squad that plays today will change by 4 or 5 players, as well as some moving into their preferred positions, they'll all presumably be first 11 players that come in and that'll make a huge difference going forward. If the players fail against Brechin then they'll deserve the scrutiny that's coming, mainly because a few of them will be in our first 11 and should be FAR better than their opponents.

Edit to add; it may be a few more than 5 first teamers if Essel and Raymond can't play. Uche, Clark, Essel, Raymond with possibly Carey and Keltjens out of position then another two or three to come in, that's a fair chunk of the first eleven/fifteen TBF.

Also looks like Rae is our first choice at the minute but we could bring in another there as well. Our squad could look f**k all like today come mid August.

Edited by tree house tam

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

so what other position are you hoping he talked about?

I think an argument can quite easily be made that we need strengthened in every position. Appreciate he can’t come out and say that but nor does he need to specify two positions, just say something very generic and move on. We look chronically understrength for the new season, even some of our “better” players have huge question marks over them concerning staying fit. As Tam says though let’s see what happens today.

I’ve been feeling quite optimistic this week with Webb being confirmed and making the right noises. Then look at our squad and remember who the manager is and it sets off a darkness spiral.

11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I think an argument can quite easily be made that we need strengthened in every position. Appreciate he can’t come out and say that but nor does he need to specify two positions, just say something very generic and move on.

FWIW this was the complete quote, as I can be bad at making things sound different and don't know if I've done that here.

Screenshot_20240713_092002_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d637dc2cec9c14a628ff9b4d36dd99e2.jpg

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

What's the thoughts on Raymond getting a work permit? Is there any doubts or does it look straight forward?

Is it not part of the commonwealth, so should be easier to get than some places you'd imagine...

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Even the most confident in the squad can see we need those positions. We’ve lost three first choice centre backs and replaced them with one and a half. Wingers we were already short on and brought in a project player and promoted a youth.