Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Starting 11 for me would be Rae in goals, back four of Keltjens/McClelland/Cameron/Raymond, Essel and Sprangler sitting, then Wright/Carey/May behind Sidibeh, May and Carey could rotate between the left and middle if that would work.

I wouldn't have Steven far off taking Wrights spot tbh, if Steven shows any of his Alloa form in the next few games.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Starting 11 for me would be Rae in goals, back four of Keltjens/McClelland/Cameron/Raymond, Essel and Sprangler sitting, then Wright/Carey/May behind Sidibeh, May and Carey could rotate between the left and middle if that would work.

I wouldn't have Steven far off taking Wrights spot tbh, if Steven shows any of his Alloa form in the next few games.

So only difference would be you would have an extra sitting midfielder rather than the extra forward. Could live with that away from home but at home when the onus is on us to go forward I’d go for the extra attacker. Either way we’re not miles apart. Don’t know which one of us should be more worried about that though 😂😂

14 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Theo Bair played in a Copa America semifinal against Uruguay last night. 

Football is undeniably very funny. 

Credit to him. 

Off to Auxerre in ligue one for £1.25m as well apparently.

Funny the difference a year makes.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13152906/motherwell-theo-bair-auxerre-transfer-canada/amp/

Franczak has signed a new contract until 2026. Good news - also good to know when his contract actually expires as last time club announced a deal it expired in 2024! 

Yeah pleased with the Franczak news. A chance we have a really exciting team with youth prospects coming through, just need Levein to not strangle it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah pleased with the Franczak news. A chance we have a really exciting team with youth prospects coming through, just need Levein to not strangle it.

Personally I think CL has been very fair with Fran with good anmount of game time for the lad

5 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Personally I think CL has been very fair with Fran with good anmount of game time for the lad

Aye just meant in terms of set up. He seems more than willing to play young players, but doesn't really give them much chance.

Even Josh McPake, regardless of what you think of his ability, looks like he'll be made to look even worse by Leveins way of playing.

Geoff Brown saying the blue area (roughly) is where he wants the community hub to be built, but it depends on Tescos valuation of their part of that land.

I always thought the red area would be where it would go, but sounds like Webb has plans for that area too, which might be training facilities?

Screenshot_20240716_070354_Maps.thumb.jpg.0ec442bca753591be330a9dab6ed21b2.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Geoff Brown saying the blue area (roughly) is where he wants the community hub to be built, but it depends on Tescos valuation of their part of that land.

I always thought the red area would be where it would go, but sounds like Webb has plans for that area too, which might be training facilities?

Screenshot_20240716_070354_Maps.thumb.jpg.0ec442bca753591be330a9dab6ed21b2.jpg

There's plans for a Lidl in that red area. Don't think the club owns the land either. 

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's plans for a Lidl in that red area. Don't think the club owns the land either. 

They had plans for flats there too, sure we got letters through our doors a year or so ago about it.

I don't think they'll build anything there tbh and the club could buy it.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They had plans for flats there too, sure we got letters through our doors a year or so ago about it.

I don't think they'll build anything there tbh and the club could buy it.

Last month there was a public consultation for the Lidl. Council saying they don't plan to refuse it being build either so it looks like it is going ahead. 

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Last month there was a public consultation for the Lidl. Council saying they don't plan to refuse it being build either so it looks like it is going ahead. 

Ah fair dues, didn't know they'd started that again.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ah fair dues, didn't know they'd started that again.

I'm not ITK in the subject of anything just assuming as I ended up googling it after stumbling across the public consultation. 

Also: Grass! It looks good.

My understanding of the grounds (was told this years ago by a former board member) are the boundaries are the current fenced areas. The only discrepancies being a few metres at the grass training pitches near the underground drainage for the Newton burn and possibly at the old slip road. 

You'd think the last owner being a builder would have all the available beneficial land boundaries tied up with fencing, which I was told he had.

Edit; I'm sure someone will be able to post a picture of the actual land owned in the deeds. Get Adam on to open another P&B  account and to stop using his SaintDunc one 

Edited by tree house tam

The article in the courier is fairly clear that Brown doesn’t own the land he’s talking about(blue on Random’s pic). Which he does all the land that was McDiarmid farm (the red bit plus all the stuff club is currently using). 

I suspect the land Webb is talking about developing for the club are the area on the Crieff road at top of car park and behind the Astro.

edit to add:

I believe the red bit is owned by Brown rather than the club.

Edited by gingermunkie