Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

I work with former St Johnstone player and he doesn’t understand why I love Tommy so much but wanted Callum out when he won 2 cups. £30000 for an out of contract in 5 months Cammy McPherson is always my first response!

Lowest hanging fruit is always the sweetest. 

IMG_7526.jpeg

8 hours ago, The Saintee said:

That could be the catalyst for Levein getting the bullet.

If we wait until September to getting rid of Levein, his successor will be left with the rubbish he’s signed and no chance to change that until January. Sack him now and at least give a new manager the chance to bring in some of his own players. The only type of manager who accepts a job without guarantees regarding a budget are ones like Levein who are desperate to take a job irrespective of circumstances 

I refuse to believe we’re going to be starting the season with this as our squad. There absolutely has to be at least 3 proven players at this or equivalent level to come in.

We avoided the play-off last season by 4 goals, and the team which finished that season was several times better than this current one.

For context, despite what felt like an improvement with the January signings, our league record from the break to season end was W4 D4 L10. And we’re looking far weaker…

On one hand Levein has looked very shocked and very angry since that last game, like it really hit him.

On the other he has caused it and needs sectioned if he "didn't see that coming".

I'm not fully in the get to f**k camp, mainly because he deserves a chance to bring in his players etc. but if this is the sum of him bringing in his players then he deserves everything that's coming. For every good thing he does, he counters that with one that you can despise him for. It's so hot and cold. Just give us some fucking stability and a competent football team please, it can't be hard, I've met some right twat managers.

Outside of Cameron, Wright, Carey and the strikers, every position could do with improvement.

In reality though that isn't going to happen, so the first priority has to be a proper central midfielder, so that our first choice there isn't MacPherson.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Imagine MacPherson in that dressing room.

A dogshit player strutting about like he's fucking Pirlo then blaming everyone else when his moron passes don't work, before mewling in the press that everyone else let him down.

It's 3 games into the season and I'm close to already despising half the team and manager. It's record breaking stuff.

Animated GIF

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm not fully in the get to f**k camp, mainly because he deserves a chance to bring in his players etc. but if this is the sum of him bringing in his players then he deserves everything that's coming. For every good thing he does, he counters that with one that you can despise him for

The team that started on Tuesday had 8 Levein signings. The ones he didn’t sign were MacPherson who he gave a new contract to, Steven and McLelland who he brought back from loans. That was Levein’s team and he should pay the price for it.

8 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

The team that started on Tuesday had 8 Levein signings. The ones he didn’t sign were MacPherson who he gave a new contract to, Steven and McLelland who he brought back from loans. That was Levein’s team and he should pay the price for it.

Of course most of it was and it was his preferred system, in which he played some of those players out if position :lol:.

It's three games into a season with more players to come in. He's even said that he was using these games to gauge the players and what he needs still to bring in.

What I'm getting at is he(I know debatably whichever way you feel which is now leaning 75-25% against) deserved the chance at the start of the season. 

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I still can't believe that you paid us a fee for MacPherson.

We're STILL feeling the effects of those in charge from then. Davidson, Flaharty and Steve Brown should be strung up for the series of things they allowed to go on.

This summer was the perfect chance to get rid of the bold cami but Levein must have his baws cleaned by cami's tongue.

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's three games into a season with more players to come in. He's even said that he was using these games to gauge the players and what he needs still to bring in

Virtually out the cup so he could "gauge" whether Connor Smith and Josh McPake are up to it.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Virtually out the cup so he could "gauge" whether Connor Smith and Josh McPake are up to it.

Virtually but not yet.

When it happens we can all berate f**k out of him. I'm going in the Geoff Brown stand against Aberdeen just to shout "sack the board".

45 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k knows what you could catch from those letham types.

I was more meaning the Cherrybank scrapper RG rather than the analyst RG  😂 I'm sure analyst RG wouldn't bite you. 

Your reply is also true about us Letham folks is still true though 😂

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe