Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yeah McCabe for me too, someone who seems able to get things from players who've struggled/looked average elsewhere. 

Break this cycle of just praying it'll turn around with someone who's already let us down and be proactive in improving things.

42 minutes ago, mizfit said:

He’s been bombed out, quite why you’d bomb him out when you’ve that little coward in midfield I’ll never know. 

You’ll need to be more specific with the coward as there’s a few of them

22 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Allowing him to stay after the transfer window closes to then sack him is worse for an incoming manager.

This is my view. If we keep Levein until the window closes then we’re just as well sticking with him to Christmas. Honestly don’t get this give him the whole window though. He’s signed over a dozen players and we’re in a worse state than we were at the end of last season. Bin him now and give a new manager an opportunity to bring in some players rather than work with the shite Levein has signed 

4 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Honestly Rhys McCabe as shout for our manager is just the P&B equivalent of Mitch Meggison et al. on the Banto.

Surely there’s no realistic chance of him taking the gig

The gap between seasons we've had will probably have been, in retrospect, the last realistic chance of it.

We're now looking like a poisoned chalice of sorts and he's just rebuilt Airdrie so won't want to start another rebuild all over.

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

This is maybe a mental shout, but is there not scope for May to drop even further back than the suggested ten role we’ve all suggested and play as an actual midfielder. 

I'm sure a manager, such as McCabe, would agree with you on that.

Stevie May is an intelligent player and could absolutely play in midfield.

Re McCabe suggestion - if you don't ask you don't get. I could be wrong but believe he is on a flexible, rolling contract.

Club need to show some ambition rather than allow this situation to fester.

The last Airdrie connection as Saints boss, Coyle, went not too bad...

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The gap between seasons we've had will probably have been, in retrospect, the last realistic chance of it.

We're now looking like a poisoned chalice of sorts and he's just rebuilt Airdrie so won't want to start another rebuild all over.

Aye. Plus similar to what has already been said, we’re not actually an attractive prospect. I think we could have been after the 2022/23 season but we’re now realistically a bottom feeder like Hamilton’s unflushable side of 4-5 years ago or the Livi side of the last few years, and it’s a matter of when we go, unless something happpens now to totally restructure/change the clubs direction.

I'm not sold on that not being possible under Levein, but it’s getting harder to believe in. We’ve all said 4-5 new first team players and we’ll kick on but we’ve had 5-6 signings and it’s really hard to say any of them would be anywhere near our first team in any team of the last twenty plus years.

Edited by gingermunkie

14 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

I'm not sold on that not being possible under Levein, but it’s getting harder to believe in. We’ve all said 4-5 new first team players and we’ll kick on but we’ve had 5-6 signings and it’s really hard to say any of them would be anywhere near our first team in any team of the last twenty plus years.

I'm wondering about the character of some of them too, but of course can only go off matches so couldn't comment on them in training in the dressing room.

Like virtually every single one has a point to prove of some sort, and that should bring in the type of characters/personalities that good St Johnstone sides need, but you don't see any of that from them.

At this point Hearts are going to be applying for a restraining order against Levein.

Borderline harassment the amount he's calling there!

-----

I see the Aberdeen fans are getting a bit excited on twitter about "selling out". They've filled the main Stand section and 2 sections of the away end. Probs will sell out though which is good. 

Why have Saints started selling tickets in dribs and drabs which results in it ending up sold out outside office hours so no one is available to open up another section.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

8 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Any decent Bordeaux players we good get and afford seeing as they have done A Rangers and gone bust?

Not strictly true. They've revoked, or asked not to renew their licence. The level they now play at you don't need a professional license. It's so they don't need to give out professional contracts or have a training centre. You probably knew that though and anyway do we need any more amateurs, french or otherwise?

9 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

At this point Hearts are going to be applying for a restraining order against Levein.

Why would they. Levein is the gullible idiot they invite in so they can sell him the shite that nobody else will buy

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Wonder what pre-match nonsense Levein will serve up today? 

"Been a good few days training since the Alloa loss, we all watched it back and know where it went wrong.

We made it clear it was nowhere near good enough so I'm expecting a reaction and I think we'll see one. We can't let our fans down in an important home game.

Some players let me down so they'll have to work for a chance again, and we'll maybe see some movement out now that things are clearer."

Before giving us a 5-2-3 at home to East Fife and taking all the plaudits and saying it was a great performance when we scrape a 1-0 win and qualify.

Edited by RandomGuy.

43 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Clean sheet?! You're too confident 😜

“Aye well, Lewis is someone I’ve admired for some time, eh, he knows Hear….i mean he knows what Saints fans expect and can actively contribute to us.”

No idea if there's any truth to it, but a Jambo who lives near me said that we're trying to sign / Hearts are trying to dump us with both Lewis Neilson and Aidan Denholm..... 

1 minute ago, Nelly78 said:

No idea if there's any truth to it, but a Jambo who lives near me said that we're trying to sign / Hearts are trying to dump us with both Lewis Neilson and Aidan Denholm..... 

exactly what we need Imo, love seeing us develop everyone else's youngsters. 

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. 
The man’s got a recruitment analyst team to use and his recruitment makes Davidson’s look in depth. 

Get him out. Yesterday.