Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Being able to punt a ball up the park quickly isn't as good a "skill" as some think. Dare I say most keepers could do it if told to. Catching the ball is a better "skill" in my eyes.

What about Benji though lads, Benji fucking Kimpioka!!!

45 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Sinclair must be really bad in Leveins eyes to not even get a sniff after Alloa.

It could be a distribution issue with Sinclair. He looked like a great shot stopper at Montrose (also prior to injury too, so that might still be affecting him) but kicked the ball straight out us much as he kept it in. 

1 hour ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Not sure that 2 smashes up the park count as amazing passes 

I don’t think that’s fair at all, maybe the first one was lucky, but the second was a deliberate switch of play that was totally meant. There was also a couple of occasions where he pinged it straight to the strikers feet through the middle of the pitch. He’s clearly got good distribution on the ball and that’s one thing we can’t fault him for just now. Every keeper makes mistakes, Dimi did last year too (think Dundee at home) it’s about how you react and put it behind you. Rae is also only 23, at that age Zander Clark was playing league 1 football with QotS, I’ve no doubt he’ll get better with age and if we do bring in an experienced goalkeeper that’ll definitely help him. 

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

What about Benji though lads, Benji fucking Kimpioka!!!

Pler. What a genuine happy chap as well. We need more interviews with him. 

IMG_2128.jpeg

We’ll be getting to Hampden this season anyway! 

Might not be the worst time to play them as they’ll have their minds on Europe.

Is the gate shared in the league cup?  Premier sports will cover it so cash towards a player whilst the transfer window is still open is about the one positive I can think of, but aye OF in a … cup woofuckinghoo.

That'll pay Gordon's wages then.

Probably the best draw possible in a way. Unless we're hammered, then you probably don't end up too down if/when we lose, and if we do anything but lose then it's a huge confidence boost.

Our strikers are exactly the type you want for playing the Old Firm too.

Just now, PauloPerth said:

We’ll be getting to Hampden this season anyway! 

Might not be the worst time to play them as they’ll have their minds on Europe.

Is the gate shared in the league cup?  Premier sports will cover it so cash towards a player whilst the transfer window is still open is about the one positive I can think of, but aye OF in a … cup woofuckinghoo.

Screenshot_20240728-172639.png

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Will be a most welcome decent pay day for us. Probably worth 2/3 players all said and done 

Craig Gordon, Barry Douglas, Jason Holt.

Jobs a good one.

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Screenshot_20240728-172639.png

In that case it’s fair enough. Short term pain for the good of the squad over the season… just need to spend the cash sensibly now, that’s the main thing.

As soon as we lost the chance to be seeded it was likely going to be a team who are too strong for us right now, so might as well make a bit of cash. You look at County with a trip to Spartans and realise what could have been! 

Being at Hampden will make it slightly more interesting than normal.

Anyone we were going to face were probably going to be too strong for us right now, so I’m happy with a day out to Hampden and a pay day for the club. Rather that than getting papped out 1-0 by Ross County at McDiarmid.

Edited by perthsaints99

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Think our support will be into three figures for this reason. 

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Peter Haring?

Would depend on the deal and how confident they are he's not a crock.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would depend on the deal and how confident they are he's not a crock.

No idea. Was just looking at a list of players who are available and it just jsmp out to me with his connections to hearts/CL

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

In that case it’s fair enough. Short term pain for the good of the squad over the season… just need to spend the cash sensibly now, that’s the main thing.

As soon as we lost the chance to be seeded it was likely going to be a team who are too strong for us right now, so might as well make a bit of cash. You look at County with a trip to Spartans and realise what could have been! 

I would hace bitten your hand off for that tie 

Pretty much guaranteed to get through and a ground ive not been to

Rangers away in quarters

8 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

No idea. Was just looking at a list of players who are available and it just jsmp out to me with his connections to hearts/CL

Yeah I've just been assuming he's done or they would've signed him by now tbh.