Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Tanser was very effective in Davidson's 5-2-3. You could hit him with diagonals and the wing backs were a key part of the system.

Yet he still couldn't see off the challenge of Booth and wasn't up for a fight for the jersey.

Worth remembering also his inability to defend the back post in a back four.

He's done well for St Mirren, in a system that suits him. I suspect if Stephen Robinson ever moves to a back four on a regular basis, he'd soon be searching for a left back.

Apparently the East and Main stand are sold out?

So should be 3 full/almost full stands, and then whoever turns up in the Ormond.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So should be 3 full/almost full stands, and then whoever turns up in the Ormond.

There's about 250 tickets left in the east stand. The main stand has about 50.

36 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

There's about 250 tickets left in the east stand. The main stand has about 50.

By my maths then, that's c8,500 tickets sold, plus whatever the attendance is in the ormond.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Good try at deflection. 

But Tanser better than Easton?

f**king hell. 

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Calling it now that M Smith is going to be night and day this season vs last... 😬

Also, not having Tanser over Easton. Peak or otherwise. 

As far as I recall MKDons fans were not too displeased to see the back of Smith, and expressed an element of surprise when he was recruited by us, whilst warning us that he was shite.

With the lack of options at full back, think it will be a back three on Monday. I’d go:

Rae

Neilson  McClelland  Cameron 

Keltjens  M Smith   Sprangler   Carey

Wright                           Kimpioka     

Sidibeh 

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

As far as I recall MKDons fans were not too displeased to see the back of Smith, and expressed an element of surprise when he was recruited by us, whilst warning us that he was shite.

How he earned 16 caps for Wales I'll never know.  Been a major disappointment in my book.

1 hour ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

With the lack of options at full back, think it will be a back three on Monday. I’d go:

Rae

Neilson  McClelland  Cameron 

Keltjens  M Smith   Sprangler   Carey

Wright                           Kimpioka     

Sidibeh 

When you look at this it just really highlights how short we are in the middle of the park. Really need 2 or 3 additions there together with an experienced goalkeeper 

20 minutes ago, The Marly said:

How he earned 16 caps for Wales I'll never know.  Been a major disappointment in my book.

Because wales are naturally shite, and gladly returning to shite. 

17 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

When you look at this it just really highlights how short we are in the middle of the park. 

Aye. 

MacPherson, Sprangler, Essel, Matt Smith, is realistically what you're picking from.

It's just nowhere near it really. Probably think Sprangler/Essel would be the partnership to try and build but I'm not sure it works that well.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. 

MacPherson, Sprangler, Essel, Matt Smith, is realistically what you're picking from.

It's just nowhere near it really. Probably think Sprangler/Essel would be the partnership to try and build but I'm not sure it works that well.

Surely must be looking at Keltjens or Neilson in there on a regular basis?

The team is crying out for 1 or 2 CMS.

Why this wasn't the priority I have no idea.

And why MacPherson was ever seen as capable is flabbergasting!

Edited by shibbydoo

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’m not sold on either of them unfortunately. Essex is obviously young and there is real potential but there is also real potential for loads of red cards. Sprangler played the 2nd half at Alloa and looked like he was towing a tractor he was so stiff and slow. Maybe more game time will fix that but can we afford to give him that time? 

I would maybe try Kjeltens in there but we need a good footballer beside him. A Craig Bryson type would be ideal. Does Jason Holt fit that bill ? I think probably yes

Just now, johnoswald2712 said:

I’m not sold on either of them unfortunately. Essex is obviously young and there is real potential but there is also real potential for loads of red cards. Sprangler played the 2nd half at Alloa and looked like he was towing a tractor he was so stiff and slow. Maybe more game time will fix that but can we afford to give him that time? 

I would maybe try Kjeltens in there but we need a good footballer beside him. A Craig Bryson type would be ideal. Does Jason Holt fit that bill ? I think probably yes

Essel not Essex. Damned spell check

BBC reporters have us as favourites for the drop.

“losing key players such as Gordon and Philips”

For me, Ross County losing Murray and Dhanda is far more crucial.

IF…. Levein can make us a cohesive unit I think we’ll be fine. That don’t really happen last year though

2 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

BBC reporters have us as favourites for the drop.

“losing key players such as Gordon and Philips”

For me, Ross County losing Murray and Dhanda is far more crucial.

IF…. Levein can make us a cohesive unit I think we’ll be fine. That don’t really happen last year though

I think people just see we've been circling the drain for years, don't recognise many of our players, and jump to conclusions.

We need a starting quality CB, LB, at least one CM, and another winger, for me. Then you hope for luck with injuries and everyone hitting form.

We are favourites for the drop. I don't think there's any getting away from that, we need to sign a few starting players and still hope that some of the gambles pay off more than they've looked capable of so far.