Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's actually mental - I'm a moderator over on the Dundee forum and the amount of people that clearly identify themselves as either the footballer in question or a known family member of a player and then make a c**t of themselves is mindblowing.

A former Dundee player, who is still playing in the Scottish leagues signed up (whilst a current player) to slate all his fellow team mates and make out he was the best thing since sliced bread. I'd never out someone for that sort of stuff but the fact it's happened on more than one occasion just boggles my mind. They need to stay well away from social media. Nothing good comes from it.

Folk are just weird. Probably stupid too. 

I sometimes can't be arsed reading forums etc after a defeat cause I'm annoyed. f**k doing it as a player. 

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Folk are just weird. Probably stupid too. 

I sometimes can't be arsed reading forums etc after a defeat cause I'm annoyed. f**k doing it as a player. 

There was an ex-player, can't remember who, who wrote an article a few years about some team mates who'd spend a bus journey home after an away game reading this forum to see what fans thought of them.

Seems daft when social media/forums like that are the way they are.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Kevan Taylor is a real person. He's served me pints before.

I'm on about WAP, where the usual suspects are being contrary because they want attention.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was an ex-player, can't remember who, who wrote an article a few years about some team mates who'd spend a bus journey home after an away game reading this forum to see what fans thought of them.

Seems daft when social media/forums like that are the way they are.

I've heard about current club employee (not at board level etc) looking for folk slagging off his area of work... (Not gonna name in shame)

Apparently doesn't take it well either. Why look? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Courier comments…good heavens 

5250C2D6-0304-476B-A4DB-B68317DC29B7.thumb.jpeg.30d1bbacd5528f7d6fff096c2c9670ba.jpeg

More research needs to be done on the correlation between baldness and acting like a rocket IMO.

For fans of other clubs looking in, the twitter debate under the courier article is outing a fair few of your fans for supporting Tommy Robinson too.

So far we've got Dundee, United, Hearts, and Rangers, fans all backing him.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For fans of other clubs looking in, the twitter debate under the courier article is outing a fair few of your fans for supporting Tommy Robinson too.

So far we've got Dundee, United, Hearts, and Rangers, fans all backing him.

Tommy Robinson has a lot more support in Scotland than is let on. The Dundee Mad forum is an absolute cesspit for that sort of stuff. P&B tends to be much more 'left wing' than what I see in real life tbh.

I'm not surprised.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Tommy Robinson has a lot more support in Scotland than is let on. The Dundee Mad forum is an absolute cesspit for that sort of stuff. P&B tends to be much more 'left wing' than what I see in real life tbh.

I'm not surprised.

Yeah it's surprised me how many folk are defending him/MacPherson on twitter/Facebook tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Not sure why you bother trying to reason with the likes of ‘Kevan’. He can’t even spell his own name.

I’ve had a bit of an ‘internet warrior’ day today, to be honest. I’m not feeling very motivated at work and my will power is also incredibly weak. Unfortunately poor Kevan has received the brunt of this.

Because of this idiot, no one’s talking about the game last night, or how we keep those fans coming back in. 

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I've heard about current club employee (not at board level etc) looking for folk slagging off his area of work... (Not gonna name in shame)

Apparently doesn't take it well either. Why look? 🤦‍♂️

And this week we’ll be saying a big hello to the St Johnstone groundsman.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

And this week we’ll be saying a big hello to the St Johnstone groundsman.  

I'm assuming it's the younger of the two, as the older has a sprinkler control with 3 buttons on it and seems to struggle.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Because of this idiot, no one’s talking about the game last night, or how we keep those fans coming back in. 

Well if Kevan does indeed speak for the majority of Saints fans then maybe we should swap the half time pipe band for a half time EDL march.