Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, hk blues said:

Will he no longer be a racist if he goes out on loan? 

He won't be our racist, and we won't have to see him on the pitch.

He's only on a one year deal so hopefully wouldn't come back.

I said loan as presumably no-one will match his wages. 

Would have thought all the above was pretty obvious.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

He won't be our racist, and we won't have to see him on the pitch.

He's only on a one year deal so hopefully wouldn't come back.

I said loan as presumably no-one will match his wages. 

Would have thought all the above was pretty obvious.

My point was who will want to take on a known racist with all the issues that would bring? 

Just now, hk blues said:

My point was who will want to take on a known racist with all the issues that would bring? 

Some Clubs wont care - it isn't even yet clear whether Saints actually care, and at least part of the supporters obviously won't.

Rangers would probably sign him up faster, save that he obviously isn't good enough. Malky Mackay still found work.

In any event, its moot as I'm sure nothing will happen.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Some Clubs wont care - it isn't even yet clear whether Saints actually care, and at least part of the supporters obviously won't.

Rangers would probably sign him up faster, save that he obviously isn't good enough. Malky Mackay still found work.

In any event, its moot as I'm sure nothing will happen.

Clubs won't care as long as he's delivering on the park - is he, or would he?

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

He seems to have gained a reputation within the coaching circles as a talent who just needs refined, so there would be a queue of Championship clubs I imagine.

The fact he's about 26 and hasn't improved in 3+ years will be irrelevant to them.

It's the exact same logic Scottish coaches have that saw us lumped with Josh McPake.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems to have gained a reputation within the coaching circles as a talent who just needs refined, so there would be a queue of Championship clubs I imagine.

The fact he's about 26 and hasn't improved in 3+ years will be irrelevant to them.

It's the exact same logic Scottish coaches have that saw us lumped with Josh McPake.

That makes much more sense than the "He won't be our racist though" chat from earlier.  

You can't sack him for what he's done but then again we shouldn't have renewed his contract in the first place. That's the thing, it's not a new thing hating him since the TR retweet, at least a third of the support did already. He's always been shite at football, he's always blamed those around him instead of taking responsibility and doing what he preaches, he's always had questionable views whether that's pandemic related, spherical earth related or even satellite related, he's always been as thick as shit. Him retweeting what he did is just the tip of the iceberg for us Saints fans.

I personally wanted him out years ago but it never happened, we had the chance in the summer for a complete reset, shame it never happened tbh.

I noticed someone had pointed out on Twitter that MacPherson screams at Josh Rae during the Aberdeen game for saving a header that was on target  - MacPherson was telling him to leave it. Probably sums up the type of squad we’ve had over the last three years that no one has lost the head with him. 

27 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You can't sack him for what he's done but then again we shouldn't have renewed his contract in the first place. That's the thing, it's not a new thing hating him since the TR retweet, at least a third of the support did already. He's always been shite at football, he's always blamed those around him instead of taking responsibility and doing what he preaches, he's always had questionable views whether that's pandemic related, spherical earth related or even satellite related, he's always been as thick as shit. Him retweeting what he did is just the tip of the iceberg for us Saints fans.

I personally wanted him out years ago but it never happened, we had the chance in the summer for a complete reset, shame it never happened tbh.

He should never have returned when the January farce happened and St Mirren ended his loan.

Paying a fee for him at that stage, and offering him a 2yr deal, was just mad when he was already showing he wasn't up to it.

12 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

I noticed someone had pointed out on Twitter that MacPherson screams at Josh Rae during the Aberdeen game for saving a header that was on target  - MacPherson was telling him to leave it. Probably sums up the type of squad we’ve had over the last three years that no one has lost the head with him. 

Tbf I think he was moaning Rae never caught it and instead pushed it out for a corner. The same thought went through my head when it happened and I heard someone behind me moan he never caught it too.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He should never have returned when the January farce happened and St Mirren ended his loan.

Paying a fee for him at that stage, and offering him a 2yr deal, was just mad when he was already showing he wasn't up to it.

I genuinely still occasionally think about what we did there and chuckle.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely still occasionally think about what we did there and chuckle.

The Callum Davidson effect.

We gave Ali Crawford a 2.5yr deal because his agent was telling him that everyone wanted him when Crawford wasnt even making it into our team anymore because he was shit.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf I think he was moaning Rae never caught it and instead pushed it out for a corner. The same thought went through my head when it happened and I heard someone behind me moan he never caught it too.

According to the guy on Twitter you can hear him shouting leave and don’t touch it on the YouTube highlights but haven’t watched them myself. 

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Known racist  ?  is this from the retweet or has he done something else in the past ?

2 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

Known racist  ?  is this from the retweet or has he done something else in the past ?

Aye fair point - known racist was a step too far.

42 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

According to the guy on Twitter you can hear him shouting leave and don’t touch it on the YouTube highlights but haven’t watched them myself. 

You know what, I’m never going to be mad at a keeper for not taking any chances and playing it safe. If that means punching it, or pushing it round a post as they’re not sure then fine by me! Unless it’s obvious, always err on the side of caution and as I said yesterday, other than 1 kick, Rae didn’t do anything wrong in the game. 

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

You know what, I’m never going to be mad at a keeper for not taking any chances and playing it safe. If that means punching it, or pushing it round a post as they’re not sure then fine by me! Unless it’s obvious, always err on the side of caution and as I said yesterday, other than 1 kick, Rae didn’t do anything wrong in the game. 

This. He's been dodgy as f**k in previous games but the other night he was fine. I still think there's mistakes in there but he's never going to get better or we'll never know if he's good enough if he doesn't get games. Ideally we still need someone who has played at this level just in case it does go all to shit but that can be in a couple of weeks. We aren't expected to get much in the next couple of weeks anyway.

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Aye fair point - known racist was a step too far.

Nah.  You RT - thereby endorsing - “Tommy Robinson” and accusations of racism are valid.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah.  You RT - thereby endorsing - “Tommy Robinson” and accusations of racism are valid.  

This for me too, really.

The "we just don't want illegal immigrants" opinion isn't necessarily racist, but you cross over that line when you start supporting/promoting Robinson.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Agreed, which is why I made the initial post but maybe 'known racist' suggests an ongoing history of it - I'm not aware he has hence my dial back. 

I'm more than happy to be corrected on this, though.