Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If I were a black team mate of McPherson I wouldn't be happy to play in the same team as him . His politics suggest that blacks should be treated as second class citizens and white British should have priority in jobs . He's entitled to these opinions . But if I were a black player and I had team mates with these opinions I would want to move elsewhere .

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Agreed, which is why I made the initial post but maybe 'known racist' suggests an ongoing history of it - I'm not aware he has hence my dial back. 

I'm more than happy to be corrected on this, though.  

Never seen anything racist previously, he's a known and storied sharer of anti-vaxxer rhetoric though, so it's well known he's incredibly f**king dim.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This for me too, really.

The "we just don't want illegal immigrants" opinion isn't necessarily racist, but you cross over that line when you start supporting/promoting Robinson.

Of course it is. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nah.  You RT - thereby endorsing - “Tommy Robinson” and accusations of racism are valid.  

Yeah Robinson is a racist I'd agree on that but the Grooming gang stuff in (Multiple cities in England) and the police's ineptitude around this for fear of being labelled Racists put young girls in Harms way and I find that worrying.

Not everything is black and white and I always look at both side of any argument (something the far left and right wont do) I'd accuse a few on here of the same.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This for me too, really.

The "we just don't want illegal immigrants" opinion isn't necessarily racist, but you cross over that line when you start supporting/promoting Robinson.

The "organisation" surrounding Tommy Robinson is highly likely to be declared a terrorist organisation in the coming days, especially if the threatened violence tonight against asylum centres and immigration lawyers materialises. 

I've seen a few comments about "he's welcome to his political views" - that might have held if he'd RT'd Nigel Farage, but he didn't - he RT'd a known facist who has an arrest warrant out for the thing he shared.

Just now, stevensanph said:

The "organisation" surrounding Tommy Robinson is highly likely to be declared a terrorist organisation in the coming days, especially if the threatened violence tonight against asylum centres and immigration lawyers materialises. 

I've seen a few comments about "he's welcome to his political views" - that might have held if he'd RT'd Nigel Farage, but he didn't - he RT'd a known facist who has an arrest warrant out for the thing he shared.

Best subscribe to Lawrence Fox while you still can, lads.  

Just now, Arab_R_us said:

so your not in favour of doing any checks on potential criminals  ?  

If your talking about asylum seekers, then they go through extensive checks before they are granted asylum. Stop drinking the facist kool-aid.

4 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

so your not in favour of doing any checks on potential criminals  ?  

So you are in favour of creating a land border with England? 

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Of course it is. 

It depends on the scale of it, for me.

Simply thinking there's an issue with immigration currently and rules should be changed, but immigration can continue, doesn't mean you're racist.

Thinking all immigrants should be kept out the country and/or forced out means you're a racist.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Simply thinking there's an issue with immigration currently and rules should be changed, but immigration can continue, doesn't mean you're racist.

Thinking all immigrants should be kept out the country and/or forced out means you're a racist.

immigrants keep this country running, I've worked in places where its 90-95% they do jobs most of you lot wouldnt want to do

39 minutes ago, Widge said:

You know what, I’m never going to be mad at a keeper for not taking any chances and playing it safe. If that means punching it, or pushing it round a post as they’re not sure then fine by me! Unless it’s obvious, always err on the side of caution and as I said yesterday, other than 1 kick, Rae didn’t do anything wrong in the game. 

Yeah agreed, just thought it was a needless thing for MacPherson to be having a go at the goalkeeper for and another example of his bad attitude. 

Right, I’ve slept on it, and I agree with a hell of a lot of Frank Chickens post. However, regardless who it was I’d still say get them out the Club. 

Any statement of apology from Cami is meaningless, his partner has been daft enough to go onto a social media page related to the club and side with those defending him, and laughing at those who have expressed concerns. If it was an accident or a hack he’d have said as soon as news started to circulate. The silence is damning. 

I get why the club currently are treating it as an internal matter, however this cannot be a simple apology. We’ll likely be stuck with his wages one way or another, so I’d rather find a club willing to take him on loan for now and hope he just disappears. 

2 hours ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

I noticed someone had pointed out on Twitter that MacPherson screams at Josh Rae during the Aberdeen game for saving a header that was on target  - MacPherson was telling him to leave it. Probably sums up the type of squad we’ve had over the last three years that no one has lost the head with him. 

Think he said to catch it. It’s a bit clearer on the SPFL highlights. 

Is it any coincidence that MacPherson is a Rangers supporter? No, it really isn't.

Any apology would just come across as meaningless and forced from the clubs point of view as he genuinely does believe this shit. 

Either way, this is an extremely difficult situation for the club to navigate and they shouldn't have to be in it. There is a balance to be made between freedom of expression (his views are in complete contrast to my own) and conducting responsibility given that you are a public figure who always represents the club.

I think of the situation, for example, with El Ghazi who won a wrongful dismissal claim against his club, Mainz for sharing a bunch of social media posts on Palestine. 

There is a careful line to tread on punishment for views. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not suggesting you hold these views but that isn't what you said could be a legitimate view. 

"we just don't want illegal immigrants"