Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The replies to the statement explain why they've made it. 

People are too lazy to actually read the statement and there are now fans replying thinking we've reduced their allocation significantly and are loving it. 

Wait till they turn up... Or bother to read the statement 😂

They’re getting one section,instead of three,so losing around 500 imo 

4 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

It says they’re getting one section,due to disabled access,at present they get 3,that is a reduction

Of the main stand, yes, and of a couple of hundred seats at most.

You still have the issue of being surrounded on both sides by them, and still have the issue of having them congregating on both sides of the stadium before, and after, the game.

But at least those in the Main Stand aren't as bothered by them though, I guess.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Of the main stand, yes, and of a couple of hundred seats at most.

You still have the issue of being surrounded on both sides by them, and still have the issue of having them congregating on both sides of the stadium before, and after, the game.

But at least those in the Main Stand aren't as bothered by them though, I guess.

Our main stand numbers are even worse than the east,so it’s better than nothing,

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Our main stand numbers are even worse than the east,so it’s better than nothing,

Not really when you add in the implication that the East will be handed over if home fans don't reach some unknown figure.

We're about 3 months into new ownership and already it's money over fans coming to the fore. The Browns got away with it for so long due to the success they got on the park.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's literally just confirming nothing is changing and the East Stand is home fans for a season but is open to change beyond that.

The above is the way I read it and as far as I’m concerned the statement is performative pish. Why do they need to release a statement saying nothing major has changed.

I’m more concerned that 10 days after the latest debacle we still don’t have 1) A new centre half. 2) A new goalie or 3) and most importantly a new goalkeeper coach. Think we can live without number 2 but 1 and 3 are desperately needed. Starting to think we have people in our football department that are taking wages under false pretenses. Hopefully something happens in the next day or so to make me eat my words

2 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

To get a decent improvement on home numbers it probably needed to be a large reduction for them, St mirren are a good example of that. No real incentive when you’re still surrounded by them. 

There's an argument to say that you can keep roughly the numbers we have given them, but control it in such a way that you don't end up with the crap that puts fans off, but the layout of McDiarmid doesn't really allow for it. If it was the case that the allocation was just the bit of the main and the away stand, then you could have Celtic fans only able to go into the ground via the new gate and saints in off the Crieff Road and fans wouldn't really mix. 

Personally, I'd have every set of away fans in the North stand for every game and if needed, the section of the main as an overspill. Never more than that regardless of the team. Sod the money, I'd prefer empty seats in the Ormond than it being filled with Rangers and Celtic fans.

I welcome the statement and even a nod to the concerns of home fans, but I suppose there is a Brownesque failed threat of use it or lose it in there.

Foe me, Webb is good at saying things, but I'd like to see some actually changes starting to show off the pitch and on it. Right now, there isn't much beyond words to differentiate what we'd have been doing had the sale not gone through. 

9 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

To get a decent improvement on home numbers it probably needed to be a large reduction for them, St mirren are a good example of that. No real incentive when you’re still surrounded by them. 

St Mirren filling three quarters of their 6000 seats for a local derby is easy. St Johnstone trying to fill three quarters of McDiarmid against Glasgow teams is a tad harder.

2 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Celtic fans jumped the counter into a kiosk, to assault the young lassies in it,so you’re both guilty of outrageous behaviour at Saints games.Thank you 

Aye…

They actually threw stuff at them before getting chucked out. Still abhorrent but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

St Mirren filling three quarters of their 6000 seats for a local derby is easy. St Johnstone trying to fill three quarters of McDiarmid against Glasgow teams is a tad harder.

Wouldn’t expect us to fill the place, but if they were only given the north stand for example, it would surely be an easier sell to many that are on the fence for these games. 

The most disappointing thing about that statement - by some distance - is the use of the term 'Saintee'. 

The rest I just read as 'we've taken away a few seats from them and I'm telling you I don't like their behavior, but you'd better turn up or we'll give them your seats again'.  So yeah, quite Steve Brown-ey. 

Cannot see Old Firm fans just getting North Stand and entry via new gate.

Do not know how many away cars can be parked on the far side of the astro along with their buses which get in free.

The majority of cars are parked in the main car park at Ormond Stand and I would hazard a guess that the majority are away fans.

Saints will not want to lose that car parking income but they should start to charge away buses for parking.

As others have stated the layout of the stadium causes problems where you house home and away fans.

It will be interesting to see if the next statement addresses the issue of fan separation and safety.

Edited by Templar Saint

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The absolute foam mouth seeth from them all every time someone doesn't give their club what they want is quite sad.  funny.

ftfy.

Wish we could've afforded to do the same when we played them, no chance we'd make up the numbers required to do it though, good luck to St Johnstone in doing so, the entitlement by arse cheek fans needs more clubs doing this to them (if they can make it work).

They've got to be trying to play the long game here. Seeing comments on Twitter from fans going on about there being upwards of 5k Saints fans - which is verging on delusion if I'm honest 😂

Struggling to see by reducing Rangers by 500 tickets we'll see a huge uptake in tickets sales. They're unlikely to then be dying to come when it's £33 are they? They didn't when they were basically free before!!!

This might encourage SOME of the season ticketholders who stay away to attend but it's not going to result in an massive uplift in fans paying tickets. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Yes the whole point of the email is to get Saints fans to turn up. “Look I’ve done my bit by not giving them the East Stand and giving them the minimum we can in the Main Stand, now it’s up to you to turn up.”

Be interesting in a year’s time when he realises these fixtures just aren’t attractive to home fans.

There’s all the sectarian shite, there’s the officials generally favouring them in key decisions, and let’s be honest paying £30 to sit in a stadium full of celebrating away fans whilst you watch your team struggle to get out their own half is a hard sell to many.

If you really want to get more home fans along to these games Adam, get investing in the team.  Without a draft system in Scotland to level things up over time, concepts such as ‘supporter experience’ are largely irrelevant in Scotland. You might attract a few more for a one off but it won’t last if we’re watching a weak team losing most weeks.

However, if fans get a good competitive side playing entertaining football, people will turn up in good numbers at a shitehole stadium with no catering and just a wall to piss against.

43 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

The most disappointing thing about that statement - by some distance - is the use of the term 'Saintee'. 

The rest I just read as 'we've taken away a few seats from them and I'm telling you I don't like their behavior, but you'd better turn up or we'll give them your seats again'.  So yeah, quite Steve Brown-ey. 

GTF