Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Looks like we are making our way down the list of free agent left backs to get some cover in that area. Barry Douglas surely the most likely from the below who have played in British football before. Be interesting to see who we end up with - Levein doesn’t seem keen on loans so hopefully holding out for free agents is more successful than a lot of the loans we’ve had from down south the last few years. 

Tyler Blackett

Declan John

Cameron Borthwick Jackson

Barry Douglas

Nesta Guinness Walker

Niko Hamalainen

Matt Penney 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Everyone involved.

I can't see it being a waste to the player, who has a good track record at League 2 level.  Bartley's QoS team were universally awful and nobody looked good.

It's early days at Stirling but it seems Maybury is at least trying to get us playing a decent style of football.

I'm delighted to get Ferguson in and look forward to seeing him in red and white.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It's the very definition of biting the hand that feeds you.

If you read what was said and not just the clickbait nonsense, there's no cut just a call on supporters to behave appropriately. No sectarian singing for example, or jumping over the food counter and beating up 14 years, no destroying the toilets,  no beating up our SLO for the heinous crime of holding a drum and absolutely no Ronny Deila in his underpants. 

9 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

I can't see it being a waste to the player, who has a good track record at League 2 level.  Bartley's QoS team were universally awful and nobody looked good.

It's early days at Stirling but it seems Maybury is at least trying to get us playing a decent style of football.

I'm delighted to get Ferguson in and look forward to seeing him in red and white.

He'll play games which is better than not, but we had this situation with Cammy Ballantyne where he returned to the same level he'd already performed at and the motivation just wasn't the same.

Young players who feel like they're stagnating won't thrive.

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It's the very definition of biting the hand that feeds you.

I'd rather starve than take anything off the crusty, shit stained, old firm hand.

We earn more every year from folk dying than either clubs rancid supports.

Deciding I'm just ignoring these Old Firm diddies who believe that the whole of Scottish football exists to service them and their demands. 

Talking of Old Firm diddies. Jamie Murphy being quoted in the courier about what happened at the end of his Saints career. 

As he was due another year if he played 1 more game, he was frozen out so he wouldn't trigger it. It's not nice hearing that, happens too often in football these days though 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

As he was due another year if he played 1 more game, he was frozen out so he wouldn't trigger it. It's not nice hearing that, happens too often in football these days though 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like a lot of shite tbh, he played regularly throughout the season (29 games), and made his last appearances 3 games before the season ended.

On 10/09/2024 at 19:29, Flybhoy said:

Absolutely pathetic stuff like this is why our game/product is widely ridiculed and fails to attract decent sponsorship and TV deals. 

You have absolutely no understanding of how it feels to be a supporter of a club that has to put up with hordes of Celtic and Rangers fans invading your stadium, and the bile that you have to endure during their “visit”.

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Who starts in goal on Saturday then? 

There will be a few selection questions but that is the big one IMO!

Sinclair surely?