Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Never nice to hear anyone is going through something like that. Hopefully the big man can get over for some festivities in December. Boxing day against United! He should make it a family occasion and bring the whole family to Scotland for Christmas!

If there is any others on here going through similar, keep the chin and and keep fighting, you'll get there 💪!!

Yeah that's brutal that, hopefully he's right about things looking good. Cancer is an absolute c**t.

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. Seems a decent guy and seems to have good people around him, which he will need.

I'm sure he will have already set out his vision for the club to the CEO, so should all just tick along as planned, but Saints should be secondary for him at the moment to his health.  

On 17/09/2024 at 18:32, PauloPerth said:

I think a lot of the brain dead Saints fans who email Adam Webb or who call for managers to get sacked all the time should write to Webb and stake a claim for the job.

Lets be honest, the daft American c**t doesn’t really know what he’s doing and will go with whoever shouts the loudest.  Yogi Hughes should get typing his email to him right now, this is surely his time.

Keeping Kirk on is bizarre. 

Prime example of why personal insults should be left off here. You never know what people are going through in their personal lives yet some see a keyboard as an opportunity to spout hateful bordering on racist bile.

Edited by GreekPhoenix
Added a comment

Not overly convinced these names are based on any real info at the moment as the club have probably spoken to absolutely no one so far but even the first page most aren't going to please many Saints fans at all so I hope these are indeed wrong. 

Murray - f**k off he believes Saints should be in the Championship. Gtf

Morris - how committed would he be? Swindon didn't go well, does he know anything about the current state of football in Scotland, doubt it. 

Sheerin - for me he'd be philosophy before reality and it would cost us. 

McCabe - again, philosophy over reality.

Leven - I don't know enough to comment

Martindale - meh. Moaner

Kirk - part of the existing problem

Mcglynn - maybe?

Wright - based on hope would please many

Neil - never happening. Will still be coining in from Stoke 10k a week. 

Thomson - I see absolutely no reason why he'd be anywhere near a candidate. Managing Kelty when they were spending waaaaay above anyone else doesn't give you a CV worth reading. 

22 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Not overly convinced these names are based on any real info at the moment as the club have probably spoken to absolutely no one so far but even the first page most aren't going to please many Saints fans at all so I hope these are indeed wrong. 

Murray - f**k off he believes Saints should be in the Championship. Gtf

Morris - how committed would he be? Swindon didn't go well, does he know anything about the current state of football in Scotland, doubt it. 

Sheerin - for me he'd be philosophy before reality and it would cost us. 

McCabe - again, philosophy over reality.

Leven - I don't know enough to comment

Martindale - meh. Moaner

Kirk - part of the existing problem

Mcglynn - maybe?

Wright - based on hope would please many

Neil - never happening. Will still be coining in from Stoke 10k a week. 

Thomson - I see absolutely no reason why he'd be anywhere near a candidate. Managing Kelty when they were spending waaaaay above anyone else doesn't give you a CV worth reading. 

McBookie is just him thinking up names, then adding ones if they're requested and adjusting the prices based on where the moneys going.

It's only as ITK as the people betting are. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I can only seeing it being King Thomas from that list, and I don't think it'll be King Thomas. 

Not think McCabe?

Jody knew sfa about Scottish football when we brought him north after quite a number of years in the wilderness, but he was an absolute dream in midfield for us. Like many players, coming to play in Scotland was a piece of piss.

I am pretty sure he wouldn't find stepping up to the plate too much of a chore.

21 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Jody knew sfa about Scottish football when we brought him north after quite a number of years in the wilderness, but he was an absolute dream in midfield for us. Like many players, coming to play in Scotland was a piece of piss.

I am pretty sure he wouldn't find stepping up to the plate too much of a chore.

Playing here and managing here are completely different things. Not knowing a single thing about the squad you inherit or the teams you're going to play against is an issue for me, especially coming in in the middle of a season.

We've seen the problems even under Levein because he evidently didn't watch any of our previous games because they tried the very same things as previous managers and had the very same problems. Carey playing the holding midfield role being one of the obvious ones. 

The other issues are that Morris wouldn't move here so if he was the manager he probably wouldn't be at training until Wednesday some weeks. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe