Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Are there any realistic free agent options that people think could come in and help the current situation? Wonder if you go for someone like Callum Butcher on a deal until January to play centre half - got a bit of a nasty streak that this squad could do with but not sure what his injury and fitness situation is. 

1 minute ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Are there any realistic free agent options that people think could come in and help the current situation? Wonder if you go for someone like Callum Butcher on a deal until January to play centre half - got a bit of a nasty streak that this squad could do with but not sure what his injury and fitness situation is. 

Southend fans were convinced he was signing for them, but I think his legs are completely gone.

I really think we need to get away from trying to sign our way out of bother. I don't know how you do it with this defensive group but we need to start getting more from less instead of chucking 10 new players at the team every 12 months then wondering why its shit.

I don’t think we need to chuck 10 new signings at it though.

We have plenty of good options in attack and our midfield of Holt, Smith, Sprangler with Carey, Essel, Wright and MacPherson as options is competitive in this league without being spectacular.

Wing backs of Raymond and Wright/ Keltjens is passable.

It’s just two key signings we need. A commanding goalkeeper and an aggressive dominant centre back. I genuinely think those would drag the whole defence up a level and give us a solid platform to build from.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

We have plenty of good options in attack and our midfield of Holt, Smith, Sprangler with Carey, Essel, Wright and MacPherson as options is competitive in this league without being spectacular.

It’s just two key signings we need. A commanding goalkeeper and an aggressive dominant centre back. I genuinely think those would drag the whole defence up a level and give us a solid platform to build from.

I'm meaning every Summer window rather than what we need now.

There's always a logic to it but it feels like we've spent the past 3 seasons trying to build a starting line up, nobody ever improves, and all we end up with is a bloated squad of shite.

At some point we need to see players actually improve when with us, and the signings arent as often.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm pretty hopeful a new manager punts MacPherson in January. 

See if the new manager says, "There's definitely a player there." About MacPherson then my head will definitely explode.