Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Southend fans were convinced he was signing for them, but I think his legs are completely gone.

I really think we need to get away from trying to sign our way out of bother. I don't know how you do it with this defensive group but we need to start getting more from less instead of chucking 10 new players at the team every 12 months then wondering why its shit.

But the squad is short of a left back and a centre half in terms of numbers so they will need to sign players. In an ideal world you obviously don’t want to be signing loads of players every summer but we will only break that cycle now if we get enough new signings right and renew contracts of players who are good enough to be here. Kimpioka, Sprangler, M Smith and Wright will all be out of contract in the summer so ideally the club would try extend contracts on these players soon so you have a core of players signed up. 

10 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

But the squad is short of a left back and a centre half in terms of numbers so they will need to sign players. In an ideal world you obviously don’t want to be signing loads of players every summer but we will only break that cycle now if we get enough new signings right and renew contracts of players who are good enough to be here. Kimpioka, Sprangler, M Smith and Wright will all be out of contract in the summer so ideally the club would try extend contracts on these players soon so you have a core of players signed up. 

I think you could make 2 acceptable CBs out of Neilson/Sanders/Cameron/Essel tbh.

LB harder but Bright might end up worthy of a chance (not saying he is but there's potential there IMO) and maybe you find out Cameron actually is better there than at CB.

I think while GK/CB is costing us games, we're probably going to hit January desperate for another winger too. Carey doesn't have the legs to play wide anymore.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think you could make 2 acceptable CBs out of Neilson/Sanders/Cameron/Essel tbh.

LB harder but Bright might end up worthy of a chance (not saying he is but there's potential there IMO) and maybe you find out Cameron actually is better there than at CB.

I think while GK/CB is costing us games, we're probably going to hit January desperate for another winger too. Carey doesn't have the legs to play wide anymore.

Spot on. 

If your good enough, age should not be a barrier.

Also, bringing in a youngster in place of a defensive culprit sends out a strong message.

If memory serves me right Ali McCann was introduced for debut against Celtic. Obviously don't want to replicate the score that day, but we all know what an asset McCann was from there.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’ve wondered about Cameron being more suited to left back - if Raymond is carrying a knock would be tempted to rest him for the old firm games and play Cameron there. We will still need another body at the back regardless for when injuries kick in and if you need to add one let’s make it one that improves the starting 11. Not adding a goalkeeper will send us down so that needs to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Spot on. 

If your good enough, age should not be a barrier.

Also, bringing in a youngster in place of a defensive culprit sends out a strong message.

If memory serves me right Ali McCann was introduced for debut against Celtic. Obviously don't want to replicate the score that day, but we all know what an asset McCann was from there.

Aye Motherwell are playing a 19yo LWB every week who was playing in the WOS league last season.

We've a massively talented youth set up yet seem to be ignoring it. Genuinely annoys me still that we papped Taylor Steven out on loan while signing, then keeping, Josh McPake.

There was a previous hint that the next manager would indeed be Irish and not Tommy Wright (don't let Tommy hear us referring to him as Irish 😬)

Larne Manager? Was that who they meant? Can't see him leaving to join us either to be honest. They've just made the group stage. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe