Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yeah Raymond and Douglas (assuming he's not completely done, which tbh I don't think he will be) is really good as left back options. Feel like both are good enough to be regulars but both offer different things too, so it gives you options in how to play.

Can see Douglas' Saints career being a bit Conway-y, in that he'll be surprisingly good.

Think you can tell Raymond isn’t fully fit. He was pretty hesitant a few times on Saturday to actually open up into the space and drive at the man with pace. Think it was also likely that he was worried about the cover behind him, but that’s why Holt and Spangler play an important role as it gives him the freedom to go up the pitch. He can certainly cross a ball as well, so I wouldn’t be against him mixing it up every now and again and swinging one in, to keep the right back guessing all game. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Raymond and Douglas (assuming he's not completely done, which tbh I don't think he will be) is really good as left back options. Feel like both are good enough to be regulars but both offer different things too, so it gives you options in how to play.

Can see Douglas' Saints career being a bit Conway-y, in that he'll be surprisingly good.

Was Conway surprisingly good? I always thought he would be good.

Kind of see Douglas being a bit like Davidson 2nd time round. Maybe legs going a bit and slowing down, but compensated for by experience and a footballing brain.

Raymond (and Bright) will learn loads from him and given Raymond isn't 100% fit and Douglas's age, we could see them sharing that position.

Experience through the team will tell in the winter when the fixtures come thick and fast. 

49 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Was Conway surprisingly good? I always thought he would be good.

He was to me, aye. Sometimes forget how good you have to be to play at a certain level and both Conway and Bryson reminded me that, in terms of reading/understanding the game, theres a gulf between what we watch every week and what they had.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Douglas is also someone who can deliver set pieces as well. Which is something we desperately need. 

At the moment we might as well just not bother with corners 🤣

Which is surprising when you consider that Cami seems to think he's the Scottish Andrea Pirlo.