Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Why are The Cogies so obsessed with us ??it's not like they are even our real rivals..Is it that they think(Unbelievably) that our games against them are some kind of Derby match since Dundee United died...Small club with small minded fans who are green with envy just because we own our own ground and constantly finish above them..It's all a bit sad really 

10 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Does anyone think TW had even seen willock play or even heard of before we got him or did just sign because he’s on man uniteds books? 

He seen the internet clips like everyone else. The boys young and very inexperienced, give it a couple if years and I'm sure he'd be more than competent at our level. He'll be at Peterborough or Plymouth before that though.

Yes they are a level below Saints before some twat says they're bigger with more fans than us.

1 minute ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Folks, bit of sad news. Ex player and manager Alex Rennie sadly passed away earlier today. He’d been battling cancer for a while.

Very sad news, mate -  we had Alex as a coach back in the day, and he was a contender to be our manager at one point - very sorry to hear this. 

Built such a good side in the early 80s. Hampered by our part-time status and lived to regret his own loyalty to us, when he turned down the chance to manage St Mirren – then a bigger club – and instead managed us to successive relegations. Great early memories for a youngster, though.

Edited by Mr Heliums

RIP to Alex.

I remember him being St Johnstone manager at the time when they and Hearts were fighting for the first division title.

Muirton Park was a good day out and I wished that Hearts could have had a pinstripe shirt like Saints did around that time. A Hearts version would have been as smart as a dart.

st-johnstone-home-football-shirt-1983-1984-s_1233_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It isn't great talking out about opposition players you want, especially when you are about to play them. He was probably asked the question and is being honest as well as trying to tell Rory we're still interested, but I'd agree, there is just no need for it. 

Agree with this. I'd be pretty annoyed if Steve Clarke started talking in similar terms about one of our players just prior to a match against Killie. 

McKenzie is the kind of player that fits the mould of our squad well, is young and has bags of experience in the Scottish top flight. Pretty much all the boxes that Tommy wants ticked in his squad. Echoes of David Wotherspoon in a lot of the comments from Killie fans about him too - McKenzie probably needs a move and hopefully he kicks on in the same way Wotherspoon did for us after signing.