Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Safe for another season lads, sit back and enjoy the turmoil below us.

This. You'd hope we'd start to see real progress with announcing extended contracts/PCAs now. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. You'd hope we'd start to see real progress with announcing extended contracts/PCAs now. 

Aye. Let's raid the bottom 2 for their better players. I'll go for Shalk and Kamara.

I mean the finishing bottom 2 before any c**t mentions the non entity from Maryhill.

Edited by tree house tam

Next season will be our tenth consecutive season in the top flight. Think we've maybe had such a long run once, in the Willie Ormond era?

Lowest finish so far is 8th, 6 top half finishes, 4 of them in the top 4. 5 European qualifications, a Scottish Cup win and a £1m homegrown player.

What a decade its been ^_^

Edited by RandomGuy.

Two wins at Celtic Park as well. An almost never ending stream of wins away to Hibs and Hearts too. We’ve had some disappointments at times, but some of the memories created in this spell in the top flight have been amazing. 

Here’s to another ten. 8) 

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Top five games in the last ten years would be very difficult.

Seeing as we are in a relaxing mood I'll have a bash.

1 - Aberdeen 1-2 St Johnstone - Barely two months after one of the worst experiences watching Saints when Aberdeen taught us a lesson in the league cup semi, I went to this with little hope and no expectation. We won the one that mattered. Stevie May. Absolute scenes.
2 - Cup final. Never for a moment thought we'd lose this one. Can't remember ever being so confident for a game. Ando and Macca scoring the goals was the icing on the cake.
3 - Luzern away. 1000 Saints. Blistering sun. On the back of the cup final. Great result.
4 - Aberdeen away to finish 4th. 1400 fans. Away end rocking. Chris Kane stepping up to the plate. Great weekend.
5 - Rosenborg away. First time watching Saints away in Europe. Some result.

The depth of our big games in the last ten years is incredible.

Two wins at Ibrox, 5-1 away at Aberdeen, beating Rosenborg in Perth, knocking out Luzern, all missing the list. And that's just out of games I've been at. What a club.

We drew with Rosenborg in Perth Ali, but aye, great times.