Signings

Beckanbaur

Do you remember the bad old days before all the cups were stacking up QL? Or are you too young?

I can lol. Someone running into the bookies next to the Eagle asking if anyone wanted a game[emoji23].

Cumnock have been having the bad old days for years now. They might turn it around with their new plastic pitch. [emoji18]

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the struggling years very well.
Cumnock actually helped us out when we were in dire straits and I would like to think we would do the same for them if they ever found themselves in that position.
I started watching Talbot in the late seventies
when I was around 10.
From 82 till around 96 I was a constant follower and didn't miss many games.
I have brilliant memories which will stay with me until I breathe my last breath.

Steady QT am dwelling up here[emoji25] [emoji23] [emoji23]

You do the maths. A player is asked to sign for the most successful club in Junior football but signs for a yoyo team that plays on a plastic cooncil park. Answer ££££££££. Yep mate players sign for Talbot to win things, player sign for the vermin for £££££.  This proves that the player has no commitment and is only interested in wonga. I hope you enjoy him he's worth it.

Don't think they'll be much between Talbot, Glenafton and us in terms of what we are paying in wages. Not to long ago players would happily have chosen Talbot over the Glens and us even without a realistic change of starting every week. Each club has recently gained the signature of a player when all three teams may have had an interest. Wouldn't think a player is going to join a club for the sake of an extra £10-£20 a week and the preferred choice probably down to game time, familiarity with management/players and nowadays whether they have any hang ups about the playing surface. We certainly don't have money to burn.

Don't think they'll be much between Talbot, Glenafton and us in terms of what we are paying in wages. Not to long ago players would happily have chosen Talbot over the Glens and us even without a realistic change of starting every week. Each club has recently gained the signature of a player when all three teams may have had an interest. Wouldn't think a player is going to join a club for the sake of an extra £10-£20 a week and the preferred choice probably down to game time, familiarity with management/players and nowadays whether they have any hang ups about the playing surface. We certainly don't have money to burn.

Nope disagree. Probably the fact most journeymen players who sign for cumnock will probably get a first team run out without competition will be the deciding factor. Players don't want to be on the bench even more so when that player has a hint of dubity and reputation about their ability. Cumnock style suits the traveling salesman players.

1 hour ago, Dipple burn said:

You could be right. I was just fed up and the forum needed a wee bit of a debate. I won't class the Cumnock fans who came on as biters because they probably have about three teeth between them.

You were merely called out for the utter pish you were talking ;-)

I remember the struggling years very well.
Cumnock actually helped us out when we were in dire straits and I would like to think we would do the same for them if they ever found themselves in that position.
I started watching Talbot in the late seventies
when I was around 10.
From 82 till around 96 I was a constant follower and didn't miss many games.
I have brilliant memories which will stay with me until I breathe my last breath.

Who would be an equivalent club these days?

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

Auchinleck Talbot have signed Dylan Stevenston from Greenock Morton .

He,s a right sided midfielder, played against Kilbirnie with Morton u-20,s 2 weeks ago, been in and around the 1st team, was on loan at Dalry 2 seasons ago.

Archived