Australian women's team lose 7-0

Waspy

Pretty extraordinary result even allowing for some of their overseas internationals being absent.

Would you expect a womens national team, including a continental player of the year, to lose 7-0 to a male U15s club side?

Pretty extraordinary result even allowing for some of their overseas internationals being absent.

Would you expect a womens national team, including a continental player of the year, to lose 7-0 to a male U15s club side?

Never mind that, what about the nick of her boaby?

Minter for Women's football, I've always said women footballers only get coverage because they're women. Equality would be bad for them.

It's not surprising at all, just biology, boys post-puberty are just too fast and powerful.

15 year old isn't a kid, these guys trained for years, they are far ahead physically compared to women.

US women is the best national team in the world by far, and they also lost to a Los Angeles U15 boys club (I don't remember the result, but I think it was closer). They also lost to an U17 US national team 1-8 I think.

The reason why women teams play 15-17 year olds is because it's a tough competition, I'm sure coaches fully expect them to lose. But you get to play a physically superior competition without having to fly to another continent.

I'd expect them to lose 9 times out of 10, and the majority of those times I'd expect them to lose heavily. As another poster pointed out, the physical differences give a massive advantage to the males team. For the most part, on a player for player basis you would expect the male side to be stronger, faster and taller. It would take utterly exceptional technical ability to overcome that.

Archived