Copa America 2019 (previously the CA 2016 Thread)

Cerberus

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tournament doesn't do any good for the Concacaf nations, Haiti getting beat 7-1 by Brazil, Mexico getting beat 7-0 by Chile and now USA getting beat 4-0 by Argentina and by the highlights I've saw and the match stats it looks like it was one way and could have been more.

This tournament doesn't do any good for the Concacaf nations, Haiti getting beat 7-1 by Brazil, Mexico getting beat 7-0 by Chile and now USA getting beat 4-0 by Argentina and by the highlights I've saw and the match stats it looks like it was one way and could have been more.

Not really, Chile could play Mexico another 100 times and that wouldn't have been the outcome. Total one off. Germany beat Brazil by that score line just a few year ago.

Argentina were tremendous last night and would've beat a lot of teams 4-0 in the same way one of the top European nations on their game could beat Scotland/Czech Republic/Denmark etc etc 4-0. Even Wales nearly beat Russia by that score line the other night.

In the last World Cup the Concacaf teams all done pretty well did they not. Brazil/Mexico/Chile/Costa Rica/Colombia/Uruguay/USA all getting through the groups/to latter stages and Argentina to the final.

Few daft results means zilch

Not really, Chile could play Mexico another 100 times and that wouldn't have been the outcome. Total one off. Germany beat Brazil by that score line just a few year ago.

Argentina were tremendous last night and would've beat a lot of teams 4-0 in the same way one of the top European nations on their game could beat Scotland/Czech Republic/Denmark etc etc 4-0. Even Wales nearly beat Russia by that score line the other night.

In the last World Cup the Concacaf teams all done pretty well did they not. Brazil/Mexico/Chile/Costa Rica/Colombia/Uruguay/USA all getting through the groups/to latter stages and Argentina to the final.

Few daft results means zilch

Still happened that's like saying one daft 7-1 loss for Brazil in the World Cup doesn't make the whole World Cup a disaster for them. Also Concacaf is only North American teams so don't know why you added Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Argentina in that list. Whatever way you look at it it's been a bad tournament for the Concacaf teams.

Still happened that's like saying one daft 7-1 loss for Brazil in the World Cup doesn't make the whole World Cup a disaster for them. Also Concacaf is only North American teams so don't know why you added Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Argentina in that list. Whatever way you look at it it's been a bad tournament for the Concacaf teams.

Apologies. Never realised. Not been the best but wouldn't look in to it to much in fairness. USA getting to the semis and going out to Argentina could be looked at as being quite good and Mexico were looking decent until that bizarre result.

Concacaf was fine until the last two results for the US and Mexico, which were both among the worst 5% of possible results in those games. I'm not sure how much more was expected. Mexicans suck at sports and the US will always be an underdog against at least a couple South American teams even if we reach our full potential as a soccer playing nation.

I absolutely hate the gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll scream the American commentators do.

Aye I can see it's a fucking goal ya w**k.

I thought that type of call was associated with Latin America? If a US commentator is doing it he's just copying their tradition.

Stayed up to watch this and feel like the ref has ruined it already. Card happy. Chile down a man before half an hour, Messi actually being a wee arsehole and waving an imaginary card and all.

Red card for Argentina now too. Can see their being another too with a load of players, one including Mascherano on a yellow too. Just away to be HT.

There was nothing Diaz could do about the second one. Messi ran straight into him and he had no chance of getting out of the way. Not a yellow for me.

Of course, the ref evened it up with a nonsense red for Rojo.

Archived