Fifa Joy Page

The Minertaur

Managing Scotland (and Grimsby) in my career save. World Cup Qualifier against England, went ahead early but England equalised in the second half.

Made all my subs with 20 minutes left, only for David Marshall to give away a penalty and get sent off (okay it was my fault for accidentally dropping the ball at his feet when he was holding it). Stuck Darren Fletcher in goals, as he was my most tired player, and Leighton Baines put the penalty wide. England threw everything forward, playing with 4 strikers, but didn't manager a single shot on target. 94th minute counter attack and Griffiths pokes the ball past Joe Hart for a 2-1 win. Glorious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had a career match as Aberdeen against Motherwell.  Absolutely hammering them but unable to take the lead (score at 1-1).  78th minute Peter Pawlett headers home and Well go a lot more attacking.  I've injuries so Mark Reynolds is in midfield. 88 minutes and it's still 2-1.  FT and it's 5-1 with Reynolds getting an assist and scoring from the edge of the box with a shot which clips the underside of the bar on the way in.  Fecking love matches like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to qualify for the weekend league on UT, entry requirements for this tournament is silver XI and subs. My SPFL/Scotland team is bossing it, O'Halloran and Ryan Fraser on the wings outpacing everyone with a Movember Fletcher and Moussa Dembele up front. Lethal. 

First attempt at the tournament saw me cruise to the semis, 3-0 then 5-0, then came up against a Championship team, 0-0 after 116 minutes and Sir Stevie May pops up with a Di Canio style volley from a ridiculous angle in off the post to win it. Won the final on penaties :thumsup2 

• 2 weeks later...

Europa League Quarter Final Second Leg.

Leading 3-1 from the match at Pittodrie, Aberdeen travelled to Borussia Monchengl.....some German team.  Half time it's 1-1 and I'm confident of getting through.

Out of nowhere the Germans score twice in 5 minute and I'm a wreck. Surely to God I can't throw away a 2 goal lead....step up Tony Jantschke who managed to score 2 own goals in the final 10 minutes to seal my progression, First was an attempted slide tackle on Niall McGinn which saw the ball fly past the keeper and the second was a beautiful chest to block a shot which only managed to direct the ball into the net. 

Sometimes I love this fecking game! :lol:

• 3 months later...

I've qualified for the weekend league. Hallefuckinglujah. 

These are the players that eventually got me there - although for the semi final Hanley was suspended and Martin was injured, so my CBs were Ally Gilchrist and Martin Canning. And they fucking strolled it

UT.png

4 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I am tempted to get Griffiths, is he worth the coins? 

I've not been convinced by the SBCs in general - the bigger ones are very clever from EA to help them control the market and recycle relatively high-rated players who would otherwise have no value and sit around in folk's clubs. Decided to do this one though after seeing the card's stats and the relatively low cost, after the initial hype died down. My net spend to get him was probably about 20k, and I'd say he's easily worth that given how he plays and that he's a special card. No other Scottish striker in the game can hold a candle to him, so if you've got a team into which he'd fit then it's a bit of a no-brainer. You can feel a huge difference between his normal card and the SBC one. Unless you want to be paying crazy prices and end up with a 40k net spend, then I'd highly recommend doing the SBCs in an organised and somewhat patient fashion; the most I spent on a single player was about 800 coins and that was due to my own impatience when it came to the last few players.

I used this web page to find which players I needed - just went for the cheapest looking one for each club and typed all the players I needed into a word document before checking them all off as I got them. The vast majority of the bronze players will cost 150, and the golds you need will largely cost just above discard price, but you can get stung on quite a lot of the silvers. Of course, if coins aren't an issue like they were for me then you could easily just use BIN purchases to go through the whole thing and spend about 40k to do it quickly.

5 hours ago, deej said:

I've qualified for the weekend league. Hallefuckinglujah. 

These are the players that eventually got me there - although for the semi final Hanley was suspended and Martin was injured, so my CBs were Ally Gilchrist and Martin Canning. And they fucking strolled it

UT.png

I've reached Elite 1 several times with 35/40 wins, and even I would be terrified going into the Weekend League with that back line. I've not had the balls to try it yet with my Scotland team which is jacked to the moon with pace and defence boosting chemistry styles, so I wish you all the very best.

As an aside, I'd recommend Phillips' upgraded gold card which costs about 700 coins and has a nice boost to some of his stats. Would also recommend Paterson at RB (although he isn't cheap), Wallace at LB (similar) and McArthur as your CM, who I find feels a bit less clunky than Bridcutt. How do you find Naismith to be? He's absolutely brilliant in my team as a CM. 

8 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

I've reached Elite 1 several times with 35/40 wins, and even I would be terrified going into the Weekend League with that back line. I've not had the balls to try it yet with my Scotland team which is jacked to the moon with pace and defence boosting chemistry styles, so I wish you all the very best.

As an aside, I'd recommend Phillips' upgraded gold card which costs about 700 coins and has a nice boost to some of his stats. Would also recommend Paterson at RB (although he isn't cheap), Wallace at LB (similar) and McArthur as your CM, who I find feels a bit less clunky than Bridcutt. How do you find Naismith to be? He's absolutely brilliant in my team as a CM. 

I've got a bundesliga team as well that I imagine I'll use for the majority of it, with IF Plattenhardt , 2 from Sokratis/Toprak/Howedes and Piszczek RB. 

Will have a look for Phillips, I've not had a look at upgraded cards tbh, had him for ages and just kept him going. Naismith is brilliant, had him playing with Gauld as CAMs but Cairney matches up really well with him, both relatively strong and quick, and pitch in with goals quite a lot. McArthur / Morrison / Bridcutt rotate the CM role.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing a Weekend League qualifier against possibly the best squad I've had to play. They had Buffon in goals, Chielini in defence, Iniesta, Modric and Naingolan in midfield, and a front three of Neymar, Griezman and Bale.

Beat them 4-1 with a goal from Ozil and a Wilfred Bony hattrick.

Playing a Weekend League qualifier against possibly the best squad I've had to play. They had Buffon in goals, Chielini in defence, Iniesta, Modric and Naingolan in midfield, and a front three of Neymar, Griezman and Bale.
Beat them 4-1 with a goal from Ozil and a Wilfred Bony hattrick.

I love playing teams like that, the guys generally shite at the game. It's the folk who have half a team of bronze players and sit in division three that make me shit myself.

Been doing a lot of offline leagues in world class modes using the worst team stats wise in each league. I'm not the best at the game so world class is a decent challenge for me.

Had varying degrees of success with getting Crotone into the top half of Serie A being the highlight so far. Cue taking up the reigns at Kilmarnock in the Premiership - 18 wins, 19 clean sheets and a 3rd place finish behind the bigot brothers. Glorious.

• 4 weeks later...

Playing division 2 on pro clubs and the games tied at 1-1, we had been behind for about half a hour until we scored a pen in the 75th min, we go onto score a late winner. Fucking brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived