The TV Coverage Thread

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been quite disappointed in the coverage so far, Slaven Bilic aside. Derek Rae is streets ahead of most of the commentators involved, might tune in to the US coverage just to listen to his limitless knowledge.

You're taking the piss right? Derek Rae? He's gone from David Francey tribute act to generic american 'sports broadcaster' to Clive Tyledsley tribute act. He's a good honest to goodness fraud. 

Perhaps oddly, Alan Green, Neil Lennon and Thierry Henri have made a decent team on 5 live tonight

I thought that too, despite the fact that Neil Lennon and Alan Green are two of my least favourite people on the planet.

The State Broadcaster continuing to call England "we" and any other country as "they" is more fucking irritating when its in reference to NI and Wales.

France v Swi and theyve spent XXX mins talking about England, where England will play in QF, the pitch for Englands game, Switzereland in Englands qualifying group, Payet playing in England, Premier League clubs after Mbolo,

France v Swi and theyve spent XXX mins talking about England, where England will play in QF, the pitch for Englands game, Switzereland in Englands qualifying group, Payet playing in England, Premier League clubs after Mbolo,

This really annoys me. Last night during France v Switzerland the commentator (forgot who it was) turned to Danny Murphy and said "So Danny, what team should England play tomorrow"?

I don't want them to talk about England, I want them to talk about the game they are meant to be commentating on.

If you were a blind person relying on the commentary to know what's happening in a game then with some of these clowns you'd be fucked.

Good to see the BBC's well aware of the current austerity culture and budget cuts by sending a team of 83 from BBC Wales to cover the Welsh team. Ridiculous numbers. It'd be good to know how many they've sent to cover the motherland as well as N.Ireland. With the BBC staff outing their Glastonbury coverage about to start too there must be about 7 staff left back in their offices.

Good to see the BBC's well aware of the current austerity culture and budget cuts by sending a team of 83 from BBC Wales to cover the Welsh team. Ridiculous numbers. It'd be good to know how many they've sent to cover the motherland as well as N.Ireland. With the BBC staff outing their Glastonbury coverage about to start too there must be about 7 staff left back in their offices.

TBF, BBC Scotland employs a guy who spends his life travelling the world with Andy Murray.

TBF, BBC Scotland employs a guy who spends his life travelling the world with Andy Murray.

If that's true then it's a disgrace but it's not in the same league as mass jollies.

Archived