The TV Coverage Thread

The ITV coverage is harrowing.

The Queens BBC providing exemplary coverage as ever.

I like Bilic and I actually don't mind Wright and Dixon but I find Mark Pougatch really annoying (not sure why).

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much as I liked Gary Speed and respect what he did with Wales, the coverage a the start of this game is more like a wake than coverage of a football match.

Not normally one for mass grieving but I think the speed tributes are fitting.

The guy set Wales on the road they're on today and his demise is incredibly sad. Right to recognise him off the back of what Wales have now achieved.

I quite like Simon Brotherton as a commentator. Works quite well with Keown as well

I do too. I haven't heard much of the UK commentators but I've enjoyed what I've seen of the BBC.

Drunk at this time of the night,well played ladz

Sam Matterface on the Ireland game. That'll be me watching the other match then.

I actually thought that people were taking the piss calling him Matterface - I mean no one can have a name that stupid, it must be some sort of play on words. But he really does just have a fucking ridiculous name.

I actually thought that people were taking the piss calling him Matterface - I mean no one can have a name that stupid, it must be some sort of play on words. But he really does just have a fucking ridiculous name.

He doesn't have a ridiculous wife though. post-20845-14666227756282_thumb.jpg

The highlights at night on ITV are atrocious, less than 5 mins on some games then ages talking about England

Given that it's essentially  the "ITV England" broadcast, you can't really blame them.  STV's coverage would most likely be the same in the utterly ridiculous situation of Scotland qualifying.   

They never learn. All the 'When England play France' stuff biting them on the arse. They didn't even pay attention to both Henry and Evra telling them that it wasn't a foregone conclusion.

Archived