Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, quickoverayard said:
23 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:
That's a good listen, mate.  Thanks for posting.  I've met wee Baz and he's just as you described - a quiet, unassuming guy which, given that he was a one of the top midfielders in Europe under wee Dick, is impressive.  I wish him well in Fife.   Is it right that our own Lee Wallace is also coaching there?
A couple of points:

1. On your website you have a typo.  You say, "Fowland League".  Best to correct it. 
2. Your first reply is from one of the grey and green dross.  Not a surprise.  They are tragic, Rangers-obsessed fuckwits who ruin everything they touch..

Lee Wallace is actually a decent lad also. He coached an amateur team in Edinburgh Hermiston Vale, only attended midweek games amd training nights, you could tell he was just a boy who loves football.

You are right.  It's pretty sad how things ended up between us and Wallace.  He, almost single-handedly. dragged us through the seaside leagues and was a credit on and off the park and the work he put in for Rangers is under-appreciated..

A serious question for you Kinc - do you think the European run is costing you domestically? Obviously making good money from the Europa League but would you rather sacrifice that for a domestic trophy.

A serious question for you Kinc - do you think the European run is costing you domestically? Obviously making good money from the Europa League but would you rather sacrifice that for a domestic trophy.

He supports Sevco and so has no idea what winning a domestic trophy is like

You are right.  It's pretty sad how things ended up between us and Wallace.  He, almost single-handedly. dragged us through the seaside leagues and was a credit on and off the park and the work he put in for Rangers is under-appreciated..
He got some serious stick. I always rated him very highly as a player, left nothing on the park.

18 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Sevco need to get the coefficient up, playing 8 qualifying games is a big ask but as you said the money is good at that level plus it gives the players valuable experience. Long term getting regular euro fitba should be our aim.

A good European run or a domestic trophy. The money makes more sense and will help us strengthen, one of the cups would be bragging rights for a few hours. ( Not that I don't want a cup)

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Sevco need to get the coefficient up, playing 8 qualifying games is a big ask but as you said the money is good at that level plus it gives the players valuable experience. Long term getting regular euro fitba should be our aim.

A good European run or a domestic trophy. The money makes more sense and will help us strengthen, one of the cups would be bragging rights for a few hours. ( Not that I don't want a cup)

Don't doubt for a minute that you could do both but based on this season so far there is a fair divide between your European performances and those in Scotland.

If you could guarantee one trophy (won't say the League as that would be an obvious yes I assume) for going out in the first qualifying round next season would you take it?

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Don't doubt for a minute that you could do both but based on this season so far there is a fair divide between your European performances and those in Scotland.

If you could guarantee one trophy (won't say the League as that would be an obvious yes I assume) for going out in the first qualifying round next season would you take it?

It'll be interesting to see if we improve domestically once we come out of the Europa League, probably just playing Thursday-sunday taking its toll.

As much as I'd love a cup of two, the team needs the money that the group stages bring so that we can start cutting the gap on celtic and opening the gap on other teams.  Gotta be Europe.

19 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Excellent questions, Dindy, and ones I also ponder.  You also have to remember that I'm a glass half full* type.  Right now I don't think our European run has cost us much domestically and, even if it has, I'd prefer us still to be contending well in the EL than to have been papped oot before the group stages.  I think going through the qualifying rounds like we did was very much to our credit.  Yes, it brought us much-needed revenue but also gained us a certain kudos - even if only in the eyes of the fans.  

In two of our 3 defeats this season (Livi in the league and yesterday vs Aberdeen) we had hints of The Warburton Years.  Possession but no penetration.  We showed the same trait on Thur vs Spartak.  I'd not blame our European games for that.  It's a combination of player and managerial inadequacy.  No number of EL games would have stopped Stevie G playing the utter haddie that is Sadiq yesterday or our players trying to lump long balls up to a player who can't handle them - especially against a side in which Devlin and McKenna dealt with everything with aplomb.  They must have thought Xmas came in October.  

I'm also less than desolate about our league position.  IF (and it's not a prediction) we beat you tomorrow we'll leapfrog you and will end up 2nd, 3rd of 4th - depending on results elsewhere.  Not a bad position.

I'm also relaxed about domestic trophies.  Sure, I look forward to us winning Title 55** but it's unlikely to happen this season.  What we've seen so far is a team that can be good in parts but isn't yet robust enough to progress.  We won't win the league, we won't get to the last 32 in Europe and we won't win the Scottish Cup.  We will, though, have had a good season. 

54 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

@Dons_1988and I had a bit of a discussion about this a couple of weeks back.  I would definitely take winning The EL this season over winning the league - even if neither are likely to happen.

Laying aside the 'yer team's won nothing' comments, there is something special about a European trophy, underlined by that fact that only 3* have been won in the history of Scottish football.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

@Dons_1988and I had a bit of a discussion about this a couple of weeks back.  I would definitely take winning The EL this season over winning the league - even if neither are likely to happen.

Laying aside the 'yer team's won nothing' comments, there is something special about a European trophy, underlined by that fact that only 3* have been won in the history of Scottish football.

I don't remember this conversation...it's feasible it could have happened though.

Also, you know fine well it's 4.

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-snaps-reporter-asks-13507510

I see Stevie G has started to adopt the all to familiar Sevco Seethe

He's only fiercely defending himself. 

12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-snaps-reporter-asks-13507510

I see Stevie G has started to adopt the all to familiar Sevco Seethe

Cut him some slack, he will still be hurting from that Leicester boy dying.