Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

5 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Aberdeen were only relatively close due to the faiuluire of Celtic to strengthen during the period I mentioned . You also could afford to gamble on a "rookie" manager . Last season we saw Celtic with an experience decent manager who had a bit of cash to splash if required I.e 4.5 million for Sinclair and as should be it blew aberdeen and ourselves out the water . Celtic would never have gambled with deila for two seasons if he was up against a rangers team of Walter smiths quality pre 2012 

The Kink will have a heart attack. :lol:

3 hours ago, bennett said:

For four years Scottish football fans told us that first place irrelevant, second place was the new the first place.... Etc.

Not that much of a difference from Kings comments my learned friend.

I think that only made sense inside your own head.

1 hour ago, Greenlantern said:

Wherever did you get the assumption that I be happy losing the league to rangers?

May seem a strange concept for berrz to understand, Rangers are not the attraction for me (they do occasionally provide great comical entertainment). I'd gladly swap all the ugly derbies if we continue to dominate domestically and make improvements in Europe.

Celtic have a sound sustainable financial model, the challenge is developing the squad, attracting the best talent to perform on a European stage.

Considering most of Celtic fans tend to hang out here, it's quite easy for people to mistake that Celtic fans lives revolve around Rangers.

You asked why I concerned myself with how close Aberdeen got to Celtic ? Why shouldn't I have ?

Ok, fair enough.

My point was more aimed at the point scoring around 'rangers weren't there so it doesn't count'.

The fact is you weren't there, and it's no ones fault but yours that you weren't there. So you need to accept it, the league took place, with or without you. Celtic won it.

We did alright competing, I think actually the points gap was always fairly narrow going into the split but we seemed to throw the towel in if the gap got beyond about 5 or 6 points.

This 'it doesn't count because we weren't there' push is extremely tedious and boring.

Where am I saying not to enjoy your success [emoji38] give me one instance where I have said that 

I didn't say you did say that. You are however insinuating that our recent success isn't that great because Rangers self imploded after cheating Scottish football for the best part of 3 decades. I'm simply telling you that I will enjoy our success no matter what team are our nearest challengers.

Out of interest, what is a fully functioning Rangers? Surely in your lifetime (and mine) Rangers only success was based on spending money that didn't belong to them while cheating the taxman as well as Scottish football. Is that really what you want?

Just now, thekorean said:

Considering most of Celtic fans tend to hang out here, it's quite easy for people to mistake that Celtic fans lives revolve around Rangers.

Yeah we do hang about in your clubs threads, no other clubs threads provide us with as much entertainment as your clubs threads. I'm only too happy to contribute to the hilarity when things get embarrassing for your mob, which happens pretty often by the way.:)

MOST OF THE CELTIC FANS. There's literally about 5 of us that post on here regularly ????????

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ok, fair enough.

My point was more aimed at the point scoring around 'rangers weren't there so it doesn't count'.

The fact is you weren't there, and it's no ones fault but yours that you weren't there. So you need to accept it, the league took place, with or without you. Celtic won it.

We did alright competing, I think actually the points gap was always fairly narrow going into the split but we seemed to throw the towel in if the gap got beyond about 5 or 6 points.

This 'it doesn't count because we weren't there' push is extremely tedious and boring.

I haven't made that arguement at all . And nowhere did I state Aberdeen didn't do alright on competing . Aberdeen have begrudgingly done well Over the last few years but on paper and resources alone they should be nowhere near Celtic . The fact they did was down to mcinness abilty to get more from his players while deila got less .

Edited by Forever_blueco

I refuse to acknowledge both Celtic's European Cup win and Aberdeen's Cup Winners Cup victories due to the fact Rangers were in no position to challenge them for those titles.

Unlucky lads, best take those stars off your strips.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Ok, fair enough.

Unfortunately, this is going to be the mantra parroted out by ra peeps in the future. They are utterly distraught at the prospect of Celtic winning the next four titles and is a crumb of comfort for them to dismiss anything they didn't compete in.

I can't wait to see if they do use this piece of pie in the sky pish if Celtic do achieve 10. Also would they dismiss if Aberdeen won the title this season because the **** now think all the other clubs are irrelevant and it's only between them and Celtic?

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I refuse to acknowledge both Celtic's European Cup win and Aberdeen's Cup Winners Cup victories due to the fact Rangers were in no position to challenge them for those titles.

Unlucky lads, best take those stars off your strips.

Fucking gutted here man. :( Gotta feel sorry for the Real Madrid fans now, they have won 3 or the last 4 Champions League competitions and it means f**k all because The Rangers wurnae in it.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Ok, fair enough.

Metaphorically they don't count. Figuratively they do.

This is something commonly accepted when you chat to Celtic fans in every day life. Online it's a different story because you're speaking to people actively seeking an argument because they've nothing better to do.

I haven't made that arguement at all . And nowhere did I state Aberdeen didn't do alright on competing . Aberdeen have begrudgingly done well Over the last few years but on paper and resources alone they should be nowhere near Celtic . The fact they did was down to mcinness abilty to get more from his players while deila got less .

So mcinnes did a good job, deila didn't. Where do rangers come into this?

20 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So mcinnes did a good job, deila didn't. Where do rangers come into this?

What on earth are you talking about ?

my original arguement was that Celtic stagnated a bit after our departure and took their foot off the gas hence why they persisted with the deila experiment for two whole seasons . If at any point the title looked in serious trouble then deila would have been off much much earlier . The point deila's days were numbered was for getting beat off rangers if you remember . 

Nowhere however did I state their titles meant any less because we weren't in the league . I stated that without us in the league however it was almost guaranteed that they would dominate the league .

Edited by Forever_blueco

I cannot fucking believe the **** have fallen for this pish that it's really only 2 titles IAR. :lol:

Using the Dave King warped calculator if Aberdeen did mange to win the league without a Rangers FC in it, is it still 2IAR? Or more likely the **** wouldn't be making massive fuds out of themselves with this nonsense.