Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

6 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

They are flags of another country you dopey git. Flying the Union flag is OK because it umbrellas a group of countries.

Did you not only a few weeks back tell me that Ireland was not a country because it was part of the European Union :lol:

and again can you actually tell me how often you have seen an England flag at Ibrox which isn't to do with a supporters club from down south . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

On 31/07/2017 at 17:47, Greenlantern said:

Celtic FC have a bigger affinity with Ireland than Rangers have with England or the British empire. 

Jesus.  That the Dross actually think this in mystifying.  You're a British club.

On 31/07/2017 at 19:27, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Hats off to the Rangers fans who've raised over £1000 for McMillan Cancer Support after the incident yesterday. I know it's only a small minority that let the club down so I'm glad that the good bunch have raised money for a good cause. 

It shouldn't have happened in the first place but we seem to be putting it right.  I hope we do it humbly rather than make capital out of it.

I have to agree with Lichtie here. It's disgusting behaviour to fly that flag at a Scottish football stadium. I'm also not a fan of us flying Ireland flags either tbh. It's 2017, can 100,000 Scottish football fans not fly a Scotland flag and support Scotland ffs?

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I have to agree with Lichtie here. It's disgusting behaviour to fly that flag at a Scottish football stadium. I'm also not a fan of us flying Ireland flags either tbh. It's 2017, can 100,000 Scottish football fans not fly a Scotland flag and support Scotland ffs?

I know, Tony, that you're  decent sort.  You're probably the only fair-minded Celtic fan on here.  I put that down to your time in the BB.

But one simply can't compare the UF with Ireland's tricolour in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Statistically speaking, if you fly a Union Jack at a footbal match in Scotland, there's a very high probability that you're a complete c**t.

Statistically speaking, if you object to the UF in Scotland you are in the majority on P&B.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I know, Tony, that you're  decent sort.  You're probably the only fair-minded Celtic fan on here.  I put that down to your time in the BB.
But one simply can't compare the UF with Ireland's tricolour in Scotland.

Of course you can when it's used with sectarian undertones. It's not about being part of the UK for you lot it's retaliation to Celtic and the Ireland connection.

You don't see any other club in Scotland glorifying it and they are all part of the UK. That's because they are Scottish and not for or against a united Ireland.

What the f**k is the BB btw?

3 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Of course you can when it's used with sectarian undertones. It's not about being part of the UK for you lot it's retaliation to Celtic and the Ireland connection.

Dreary fucking me.  Sectarian use of the UF?  Behave.

I actually got the wrong Dross fan.  It wasn't you who was a member of the BB.  I think it was wee Drew.

9 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

You don't see any other club in Scotland glorifying it and they are all part of the UK. That's because they are Scottish and not for or against a united Ireland.

What the f**k is the BB btw?

Sectarian use of the union flag . Deary me 

You sure about that? I feel a bit dirty here playing devil's advocate for Rangers but like it or not, Rangers are based in the United Kingdom so I'd suggest they have more reason to be waving a Union Flag than Celtic do an Ireland flag.

Yes, Rangers and Celtic are indeed based in the UK.
However as far as I know, Rangers weren't originally founded to be the quintessential British club. Or, am I missing something here? Did they always have some connection to the armed forces and the royal family?

By the looks of things, did they actually patent the sole right to wave union flags at football games?

If not, there is some serious rimming going on here for some reason unknown to me.

Sectarian use of the union flag . Deary me 

Dreary fucking me.  Sectarian use of the UF?  Behave.
I actually got the wrong Dross fan.  It wasn't you who was a member of the BB.  I think it was wee Drew.

You both know exactly what I mean so wind your necks in

We don't.

Of course you do. There are 92 clubs in the 4 English leagues and never once have I seen a stadium full of UFs. Yet you go to Ibrox and it's full of them.

You use it as a means to say "look at us we are fucking British and proud of our union"

I can guarantee you that if Celtic didn't exist you wouldn't give a f**k about the Union. It's only a thing because Celtic have the Irish connection. It's fucking wierd. At least we have a legit reason to fly an Irish flag