Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I know Kincy ,but a) It was a fairly highbrow reference that I knew you would appreciate, and b) Buckinghamshire is in the South East. The  evidence is circumstantial yet compelling, also, diddy, really?

'Diddy' is descriptive rather than pejorative, of course...

Guest Moomintroll
1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

'Diddy' is descriptive rather than pejorative, of course...

That really does not help matters.

23 minutes ago, thepundit said:

There's a simple explanation. Celtic were spending just enough to be better than the teams around them at that time. (albeit when Rangers and Celtic were pushing each other in the seasons prior there was cup wins for Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Hearts)

They're still spending 'just enough' to see off the teams around them as witnessed by their catastrophic performances in Europe although of course this has enabled them to build up a War Chest (I think that is the appropriate term) of sufficient depth to ensure they will spend just enough in the coming season to ensure that even the remotest possibility of a revival from across Glesgae is ground into the dirt post haste.

However, that wasn't really the point.

10 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

They're still spending 'just enough' to see off the teams around them as witnessed by their catastrophic performances in Europe although of course this has enabled them to build up a War Chest (I think that is the appropriate term) of sufficient depth to ensure they will spend just enough in the coming season to ensure that even the remotest possibility of a revival from across Glesgae is ground into the dirt post haste.

However, that wasn't really the point.

No one knows how much Rangers will spend this summer. Did Celtic splash the cash they'd stockpiled last summer? I don't remember them spending more than Rangers, although I may be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
37 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Well we were, of course.  Why have you a problem with this?

Your team died ya fucking spoon.

Easy.  Stop coming on to a Rangers thread and posting about us...ya fucking spoon.

7 minutes ago, thepundit said:

No one knows how much Rangers will spend this summer. Did Celtic splash the cash they'd stockpiled last summer? I don't remember them spending more than Rangers, although I may be wrong.

I have no idea what they've spent but earlier this year they had, allegedly, £30M cash in hand. Cash. In. Hand.

I don't know about anyone else but I find that singularly depressing

3 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

I have no idea what they've spent but earlier this year they had, allegedly, £30M cash in hand. Cash. In. Hand.

I don't know about anyone else but I find that singularly depressing

You shouldn't find it depressing.  The past 6 years have shown that if it's £3M, £30M or £300M we will spunk it away with little return.  Unless there's a massive change at Ibrox the 'warchest' isn't the problem...the management is.  Witness Sally's team squandering £70M to get cunted by Motherwell in the Premiership play-off.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You shouldn't find it depressing.  The past 6 years have shown that if it's £3M, £30M or £300M we will spunk it away with little return.  Unless there's a massive change at Ibrox the 'warchest' isn't the problem...the management is.  Witness Sally's team squandering £70M to get cunted by Motherwell in the Premiership play-off.

Worth every penny. IMO.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

BRALT for this pish, but how so?

I didn't raise the issue - merely corrected @Stellaboz.  The (then) SPL clubs, after we were liquidated, voted to transfer our SPL share to Dundee rather than to Newco.  We were, thus, voted out of the (then) SPL.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just purely out of interest, and nothing to do with football or the quote above I have a question. 

You seem to be a man clearly upset with the H word being used as an alleged Protestant slur, yet you have an Israeli (Jewish faith) flag as your avatar.

Why is this?

I didn't raise the issue - merely corrected @Stellaboz.  The (then) SPL clubs, after we were liquidated, voted to transfer our SPL share to Dundee rather than to Newco.  We were, thus, voted out of the (then) SPL.

That's an interesting take on it.

1 minute ago, xj2011 said:

You seem to be a man clearly upset with the H word being used as an alleged Protestant slur, yet you have an Israeli (Jewish faith) flag as your avatar.

Why is this?

I put it up to celebrate Netta Barzila's Eurovision win.

Amazed that you try and connect 'Protestant' and 'Israeli' - especially since not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews and neither have anything to do with Protestants.

Is there an issue that you'd like to raise? 

6 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

By interesting I mean fucking mental.

So the (then) SPL clubs didn't have a vote, in which Kilmarnock abstained, to transfer our SPL share to Dundee?  Really?

Edit:  I can see why they did that so I'm trying to be factual here rather than rhetorical.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I put it up to celebrate Netta Barzila's Eurovision win.

Amazed that you try and connect 'Protestant' and 'Israeli' - especially since not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionists are Jews and neither have anything to do with Protestants.

Is there an issue that you'd like to raise? 

none at all, was just asking a genuine question. 

you shouldn't be amazed at anything that didn't actually happen... never made that connection hence my query

However I am surprised you put it up to celebrate a eurovision win, was that a bit like your old club wore orange shirts to celebrate your dutch players?

Edited by xj2011
missed a few sentences