The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

He had a great chance but shot wide of the goal, on the day Annan were the better team. I wasn't impressed with the Shire keeper today, he was static quite a few times when crosses came in, or when a ball was played over the top he was slow in coming for it.

Heard he had bad positioning for the first goal, and he almost gifted Annan a goal in the first half when he spilled the ball towards their player. I find that Dolan is either very good or poor he doesn't tend to have games where he plays reasonable it's one or the other but there's no denying that he's a great keeper

23 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Tam Cowan just mentioned the shire support on Tuesday on off the ball, we've made the big time emoji106.png

Yes, it's one of those ironies that East Stirlingshire have had about a hundred times more mentions since being relegated out of the league by the Scottish media than they did when part of it - even during the attempt by a previous board to kill them off for profit. What was that Bob Dylan said about there being no success quite like failure?

5 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Yes, it's one of those ironies that East Stirlingshire have had about a hundred times more mentions since being relegated out of the league by the Scottish media than they did when part of it - even during the attempt by a previous board to kill them off for profit. What was that Bob Dylan said about there being no success quite like failure?

It had absolutely nothing to do with being relegated, he was merely praising how the Motherwell fans had applauded the shire fans when the attendance figures were being read out

Montrose are hardly great shakes but it's tough to produce a shock, especially for us.

It'll be a tough ask to get a win so I reckon we use it as pre-season and focus on the Vale game.  The LL is more to our level atm so let's focus on doing as well as poss in the bread and butter.

Montrose are hardly great shakes but it's tough to produce a shock, especially for us.

It'll be a tough ask to get a win so I reckon we use it as pre-season and focus on the Vale game.  The LL is more to our level atm so let's focus on doing as well as poss in the bread and butter.

Montrose like shire have been kicking about the bottom of league 2 for years, I don't think it would be much of a shock if we beat them.

Hiya fellas,

I had noticed the BBC fixtures had you listed as "East Stirlingshire Clydebank", which annoyed me, so I dropped them a line.

Their response came today:

"Dear Mr R Bairn

Reference xxxxxxxx

Thanks for contacting us regarding the BBC Sport Website.

I understand you are reporting it incorrectly states ‘East Stirlingshire Clydebank’ on the football fixtures section.

This has now been corrected to state ‘East Stirlingshire’ as indicated in the following link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/east-stirlingshire/fixtures

Information we receive is automatically uploaded via an external feed from various providers and companies.

Due to the amount of information we get, we don’t always capture the incorrect ones but when we do we try and fix it as soon as possible. This seems to be what happened on this occasion.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and we have circulated your complaint to senior management and online sport editors in this overnight report.

These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensures that your complaint has been seen by the right people quickly.

Kind regards

Neil Salt

BBC Complaints Team"

Hopefully that's you sorted now!

Well that was a waste of a night, I thought we'd got rid of Reece Donaldson but we've signed another nutheed in Buist with an utterly pointless sending off. Dolan looked culpable for the first goal but no chance really with the others. 3rd strike was a worldy of a goal. Our passing tonight was atrocious and we need to improve on Saturday as Vale of Leithen will be pumped up for it. Just a shame that after good performance against teams above our level we've slacked against teams closer to our level. Another worry is that we've only scored 1 goal in 5 games, although we've been playing much better games a couple more goals would've gave more confidence to the team

11 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Well that was a waste of a night, I thought we'd got rid of Reece Donaldson but we've signed another nutheed in Buist with an utterly pointless sending off. Dolan looked culpable for the first goal but no chance really with the others. 3rd strike was a worldy of a goal. Our passing tonight was atrocious and we need to improve on Saturday as Vale of Leithen will be pumped up for it. Just a shame that after good performance against teams above our level we've slacked against teams closer to our level. Another worry is that we've only scored 1 goal in 5 games, although we've been playing much better games a couple more goals would've gave more confidence to the team

As someone at the game as a neutral my points would be Buist was silly getting himself sent off and probably cost Shire any chance of getting anything out of the tie.

After getting booked for mouthing off at the ref he just kept at it and it was only going to end one way.

Thought Dolan should have saved the first goal the ball went through his hands, second was bad defending which left the boy unmarked which could be put down to being a defender down thanks to the stupid sending off, third goal was well struck as you say.

You mention some of the passing etc you got caught out with some slack play against Montrose but would probably have got away with it in league games.I think Shire will be all right this season and win the league.

We don't need to be ready to compete in league 2, were in the lowland league. If (big if) we go up I am sure there will be changes to the squad and we will be more competitive at that level.

The season hasn't even started yet, I don't think we need to worry about the next one just yet.