The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Who else is going to Innerleithen on Saturday?  With a shop, a pub and a few houses and I'll try to contain my excitement for a few more days.  Nice ground  though apart from just one disabled toilet and last season's cold pie that I thought would make my stomach send a letter of complaint to me lol.

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Who else is going to Innerleithen on Saturday?  With a shop, a pub and a few houses and I'll try to contain my excitement for a few more days.  

Novelty factor wearing thin now is it? 

Ye forgot to mention the decent ice cream shop :P. and the 2 or 3 establishments where you can enjoy a pint or 2. One has a beer garden overlooking the park. What's not to like :thumsup2

Players used to or may still go back to the Union club just off the entrance to the park after games for refreshments. 

Edited by newcastle broon

17 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Novelty factor wearing thin now is it? 

Ye forgot to mention the decent ice cream shop :P. and the 2 or 3 establishments where you can enjoy a pint or 2. One has a beer garden overlooking the park. What's not to like :thumsup2

Players used to or may still go back to the Union club just off the entrance to the park after games for refreshments. 

They do indeed go to the Union club.  At least they did last season.  Wearing thin?  Not at all.  However some trips are better than others.  Infact last season I enjoyed a fair blether with Vale's subs.  Best subs in the league :D

At this level if you don't see away trips as a great day out then you're doing something wrong lol.  All the opposition fans are grand but WW is still up there with the best opposition fans in the league though :)

Along with the Dalbeattie and CSS imo :)

David grant had no respect for his contract last season hope the club sticks to its guns it's the least he deserves.

Last season? How so?

Also "it's the least he deserves"?? Wow what kind of statement is that to make??

He deserves to be forced out of the game in another country because someone at the club is refusing to fulfil an earlier agreement they had in place?!

Whether Granty knew about there was a chance he could go to Canada when he signed the contract halfway through last season only he will really know.

Regardless, it's part time football Vs making the most of your life and grabbing an amazing opportunity in the job that pays his bills, is his career and passion.

Going and doing that. THAT is the least he deserves!!

Last season? How so?

Also "it's the least he deserves"?? Wow what kind of statement is that to make??

He deserves to be forced out of the game in another country because someone at the club is refusing to fulfil an earlier agreement they had in place?!

Whether Granty knew about there was a chance he could go to Canada when he signed the contract halfway through last season only he will really know.

Regardless, it's part time football Vs making the most of your life and grabbing an amazing opportunity in the job that pays his bills, is his career and passion.

Going and doing that. THAT is the least he deserves!!

Nothing to do with Canada Granty as you want to call him chose to go on a world tour before our season had ended rather than respect his contract, personally I would have ripped his contract up after the Selkirk fiasco but I can understand Sluddens decision for a bit of payback.

Nothing to do with Canada Granty as you want to call him chose to go on a world tour before our season had ended rather than respect his contract, personally I would have ripped his contract up after the Selkirk fiasco but I can understand Sluddens decision for a bit of payback.

Wow a "world tour"? Really?

So you would have liked the club to rip his contract up then, but now you would rather the club held onto a players registration who is going to be half way round the world? Aren't football fans just the best [emoji85]

I think you are going to be very very disappointed and probably an angry wee man spitting feathers when the club announces they are doing the right thing.

Good luck to the Shire today down at Innerleithen [emoji1360]

Wow a "world tour"? Really?

So you would have liked the club to rip his contract up then, but now you would rather the club held onto a players registration who is going to be half way round the world? Aren't football fans just the best [emoji85]

I think you are going to be very very disappointed and probably an angry wee man spitting feathers when the club announces they are doing the right thing.

Good luck to the Shire today down at Innerleithen [emoji1360]

What do Rangers, Motherwell, Stranraer, Annan x3, Montrose, Spartans and East Kilbride real team not the reserves they brought on the last day have in common???
They are all the so called bigger teams that we played last season and He failed to hit the net once!!!!! Stats don't lie Granty only scored against the wee teams!!!!

What do Rangers, Motherwell, Stranraer, Annan x3, Montrose, Spartans and East Kilbride real team not the reserves they brought on the last day have in common???
They are all the so called bigger teams that we played last season and He failed to hit the net once!!!!! Stats don't lie Granty only scored against the wee teams!!!!

Nae bother mate. Fickle fickle fickle. Enjoy your day angry wee man

8 hours ago, luggy said:

Thats you just picking fault because its suiting your case. Granty was a top striker for us. Before they all downed tools before the end of the season after going out the Scottish.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So he downed tools while he was at Camelon and then downed tools when he was playing for East Stirling? And you're still defending him?

I'm not defending him. Just said he was a quality player. the poster was trying to pick fault with him as a player. IT was his attitude not his problem as a player

I'm not defending him. Just said he was a quality player. the poster was trying to pick fault with him as a player. IT was his attitude not his problem as a player

David Grant has chosen social media to continually take a pop at the shire all I'm doing is giving the other side of the story.