The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

24 minutes ago, Dead said:

This will be our 210th and final home game in all games at Ochilview Park today v Whitehill Welfare.

10 seasons gone like a flash since we departed the much loved Firs Park. 

I will get round to doing the number crunching of the stats over the next few days and will probably put up the details on the club's website.

One thing of interest is that Andy Rodgers scored our winning goal against Ayr United in the Challlenge Cup in our 1st home game at Ochilview on 27/7/2008 and hopefully Andy can round it all off with a winning goal in our last game today.

Let's hope he doesn't :thumsup2

All the best in yer new venture. 

Always look forward to our games against Whitehill and this one was indeed pretty enjoyable. Good turnout for our last game at Ochilview, decent three points with two of our best players missing, and two great second half goals. Great to see McGregor getting a goal for us after all this time - and what a first goal as well!

All the best to Whitehill for the rest of the season

39 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Always look forward to our games against Whitehill and this one was indeed pretty enjoyable. Good turnout for our last game at Ochilview, decent three points with two of our best players missing, and two great second half goals. Great to see McGregor getting a goal for us after all this time - and what a first goal as well!

All the best to Whitehill for the rest of the season

We gave you yer goals too easy.Sayin that  They were well taken goals though. 

Hopefully see you next season at both Rosewell and Falkirk :unsure2:

I felt the two absolutely quality goals were the real difference today. Shire definitely deserved the win over the piece, but it did take two absolute belters to make the difference. 

Big shout out to the Shire fans who had been enjoying the hospitality. Sang for the whole game, and made me laugh more than a few times. Cracking atmosphere today.

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/04/07/east-stirlingshire-v-whitehill-welfare/

1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

I felt the two absolutely quality goals were the real difference today. Shire definitely deserved the win over the piece, but it did take two absolute belters to make the difference. 

Big shout out to the Shire fans who had been enjoying the hospitality. Sang for the whole game, and made me laugh more than a few times. Cracking atmosphere today.

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/04/07/east-stirlingshire-v-whitehill-welfare/

Enjoyable read !

Whitehill were well in the game in the first half but Shire took control of the game at the start of the 2nd half and scored 2 great goals. Hopefully Whitehill have no issues staying up this season as they are a club I do like and respect. Decent fans too !

I didn't get the crowd attendance at the game but will update the club website once I hear, likely tomorrow.  I thought it was at least 170 but I am often wrong.

It's always difficult to gauge crowds at Ochilview and sometimes it's only when the video footage comes out from the other side of the stand that we get a better feel for things.

Yesterday's crowd was larger than the week before against Spartans. Though the biggest league crowd we had this season was 192 against Kilby. 

There were a lot of Shire fans at the game yest I hadn't seen in a while and a number of Shire fans with scarf on that I had never seen before. A positive for moving to Falkirk Stadium next season. There was a decent amount of WW fans which was good to see. Fans make games and at times this season it was like hearing a "pin drop"  when the away team scored, the worst was Edusport when not even  a director's cheer was heard when they scored.

Personally I don't have an issue with any club and the size of their fan base but it is nice sometimes for old times sake to have 2 sets of fans at the games. Though even when Shire were in the Scottish League playing at Firs Park the crowd were only around the 100 to 150 mark.

That’s the spirit

Since Lauchlan left EK I have absolutely no beef with them now other than the fact that they're a main rival.

The Spartans twitter guy alone would make anybody feel this way.

Makes cheeky comments and thinks he's hilarious when he's about as funny as a boot in the baws!

Not to mention the years they tried to get us out of the SPFL.

Ooooh the post match pint in the cafeteria might be the best one yet!

92 MINUTES SPARTANS ARE 1 - 0 UP  FROM A PENALTY GAINED BY DISHINGTON DIVING . THEY ARE LUMPING THE BALL DEAD EVERY KICK.  95th MINUTE & RAMSAY PUTS IN a HARMLESS CROSS. CARSWELL DROPS IT & ANDY RODGERS EQUALISES . LIKE THE OCHILVIEW GAME SPARTANS KEEP 10 MEN IN THEIR OWN BOX FOR THE KICK OFF & TURN THE BALL OVER . A SHIRE PLAYER IS IMPEDED IN THE BOX IN THE PENALTY  BOX & SHIRE ARE GIVEN a PENALTY in the 97th MINUTE .  THREE SPARTANS PLAYERS & THE SPARTANS MANAGER ARE RED CARDED FOR " ILLEGAL USE OF THE MOUTH " TO THE REF . RODGERS TAKES IT & SCORES . SHIRE WIN & SINCE KILBIE HAD ALREADY WON THEIR MATCH  SPARTANS LOSE THE TITLE ! WOULD  THAT NOT BE A WONDERFUL END TO SATURDAYS MATCH ?

I'm looking forward to a nice day out in North Edinburgh tomorrow.  So far, it's been tough for us to win at Spartans as they're strong at home and we've been a bit unlucky, so it could be a famous win if we pull it off. 

Ainslie Park is a tidy wee ground with a nice social club up the stairs.  Easy to watch the game from the upstairs bar area.  Top day out :)

I suppose if you can’t be involved in the title race itself second best is throwing a spanner in the works for one of the other 2 :-)
Still a title decider at the end of the day haha!
What’s Rodgers contract situation is he staying for next seasons promotion push?
He's already signed up for next season.