Leafa 16/17 prem 1 & 2

Quackers

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Danderhall today thinking I might get a decent game as it was a south of scotland tie.

I didnt.  Danderhall simply far far too strong for Haddington.  8-1 going on 20.

The danderhall sidelines didnt even fall out with the ref, that how easy this one was.   THink I'll pick better next week.  Sandys V Tollcross sounds like fun.

Went to Danderhall today thinking I might get a decent game as it was a south of scotland tie.
I didnt.  Danderhall simply far far too strong for Haddington.  8-1 going on 20.
The danderhall sidelines didnt even fall out with the ref, that how easy this one was.   THink I'll pick better next week.  Sandys V Tollcross sounds like fun.

Should be a decent game that, for us (tollcross) its about trying to close the gap on them at the top, for them its about maintaining their unbeaten league season so far and stretching that points difference.
Never an easy game at Sandys, and theyve been pretty solid both home and away, i would say more so at home as teams finding it tough to come away from there with a goal never mind points.
Hopefully the game lives up to the levels that both teams are capable of. If we get that should be a cracking game for a neutral.

• 2 weeks later...
Massive game in Premier 1 this weekend, Spartans hosting East Linton.
Huge 6 pointer

6-3 East Linton in the end..... Spartans all but relegated?? Their last two games v Tollcross and Sandys away, will need something from one of them if not both.

Am not actually sure how many will go down.
Normally 2 then 3rd bottom into a playoff with 3rd top from championship?! However, Shotts Vic and South Gyle folded and were not replaced in the league? Maybe just bottom club down and 3 up? Or bottom club goes into play off?
Think thw question has been asked to Leafa, but unclear yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Who for the prem1 title?sandys have points on board and tollcross hav a big cup final comin up.i think if tollcross win the eos they will win the league but a defeat may deflate them just my opinion

I dont think the East Final outcome will have any bearing on where the league title ends up.
The League has he potential to go right to the wire, similarly it could be all over before the EoS Final. We (tollcross) have two hard games away to Fernieside and Danderhall in the next 8days. Any dropped points there would effectively see our chances vanish.
Sandys have 2 games left, personally i dont see them dropping any points, therefore we must win our 4 remaining fixtures to win he league.
It is a big ask, but is in our own hands, we're playing well and getting results. We know the task ahead and that is taking maximum points.

Should both teams win their remaining league games, both teams would be tied on points, but we would win the league as hold the better H2H(Tollcross 1-1 Sandys & Sandys 1 - 2 Tollcross)

Exciting times over the next month or so!

13 hours ago, Nizza said:

I dont think the East Final outcome will have any bearing on where the league title ends up.
The League has he potential to go right to the wire, similarly it could be all over before the EoS Final. We (tollcross) have two hard games away to Fernieside and Danderhall in the next 8days. Any dropped points there would effectively see our chances vanish.
Sandys have 2 games left, personally i dont see them dropping any points, therefore we must win our 4 remaining fixtures to win he league.
It is a big ask, but is in our own hands, we're playing well and getting results. We know the task ahead and that is taking maximum points.

Should both teams win their remaining league games, both teams would be tied on points, but we would win the league as hold the better H2H(Tollcross 1-1 Sandys & Sandys 1 - 2 Tollcross)

Exciting times over the next month or so!

Seen the Danderhall fixture earlier and immediately thought that's gona be a massive test of character and bottle for you as it's never an easy place to go but you won at Sandy's.

At least it's in your hands though which you would always want. 

All he best 

Seen the Danderhall fixture earlier and immediately thought that's gona be a massive test of character and bottle for you as it's never an easy place to go but you won at Sandy's.
At least it's in your hands though which you would always want. 
All he best 

Fernieside is never an easy game firstly, always seem to run us pretty close. Danderhall beat us earlier in the season at Saughton so no doubt will think that they can get something on their own patch. Up to us to keep digging deep and finding the wins. No point thinking further ahead than Saturday though.

But if someone said at the start of the season with 4 games to play, the top spot would still be ur own hands, you'd take it like! Just need to find another gear and make it happen eh.
One way or another its turned out to be a cracking run in, both having lost on 1 league game to this point. Fair effort from both us and Sandys. [emoji109]

Watched East Linton last night against the university team 2-0 home win. Fighting hard to clear away from the drop zone so expecting a good hard game against Sandys, especially if they put in the same effort they did against Tollcross. Great end of the season at the bottom of the league as well as the top.

On 04/04/2017 at 10:10, HI HAT said:

Watched East Linton last night against the university team 2-0 home win. Fighting hard to clear away from the drop zone so expecting a good hard game against Sandys, especially if they put in the same effort they did against Tollcross. Great end of the season at the bottom of the league as well as the top.

The first game Vs Sandys losing 4-1 flattered them.

Not picking up a player of Bob mckenzie calibre from a free kick and myself expecting him to square it rather than rifle it in home at my near post.

Then James Reilly score a perfect hat trick I believe. Stop they 2 and u win.

They lost 2-1 today away to sandys. What has happened to them as i remember they used to be a cracking wee team. Played against them a few times. The big lad who played upfront with the shaved head was a very good player also the two lads who played centre of the park i think one was covered tats

Archived