St Mirren v Morton SPFL Championship 6/8/16

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k off Duffy. Points thrown at that gibbons outfit by giving up on scoring goals from a dominant position. Negative p***k got what he deserved.

It should be noted that Morton finished with no forwards on the park. Not one. That doesn't even deserve a point.

This is why we won't win derbies.

First half we could've been 2 or 3 up, and didn't take advantage of it, and got what we deserved by sitting deep and refusing to press the ball. McDonagh, Kilday and Oliver were great. Jason Naismith still as shite as ever. 

Bold sub from Rae taking Irvine off for Sutton & credit must go to him for that. We weren't any good whatsoever today, didn't deserve a point from that. Nice of the Morton fans to give Sutton dogs abuse only for him to score right in front of them.

Thought Baird was very lucky to stay on the park, Quitongo had him all game. I've been very impressed by him in the league cup games but he was poor today.

Enjoyable to score late on and get an undeserved draw.

Undeserved my arse. Teams that take off their best players and replace them with haddies and finish with no strikers don't deserve to win.

Duffy couldn't even believe in the superiority of his own team.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Done the same last season in the derbies, think he cost you at least 2 games on his own.

Well he was back at it today. No way we should have curled up in that 2nd half. Very disappointed to say the least.

Just now, FTOF said:

Chance missed by Morton. Don't really understand why you virtually gave up attacking after you scored. You had our arses on a plate. Anyway, there's only one John Sutton.

Jim Duffy.

Think that sums up the 2nd half today.

The only mistake Duffy made was changing his centreback pairing that were absolutely bossing the game. I can understand why he did it as O Ware is our only semi recognisable holding midfielder even if he is awful there, but still mirren were only threatening with long balls which lamie and the centre backs were dealing with easily. Russell came on and got beaten easily which lead to the goal.

We are missing a striker that can hold the ball up. We invited pressure on to us due to not being able to keep the ball which left us booting the ball up the park with no aim for an hour.

An away point against our biggest rivals is hardly a disastrous start to the season though so not too fussed. Might hurt some fans more because we haven't beaten st mirren in so long but that can't be held against this current team and in isolation it's a decent enough point.

At least we have options. It's not like previous seasons when the first choice looks shit and the bench is empty. It's just the lack of a solid DM that could hurt us.

Obviously i only heard the radio commentary, but they were very critical of Mallan.

Defence was absolutely solid all game and then Duffy goes and changes it, just to stick O'Ware at holding mid. One mistake from Russell committing himself too early and we concede.

Duffy lost us that game by parking the bus after our goal, mixing up a solid defence and taking off all our strikers.

Couple of strikers needed urgently, preferably a target man. Can't keep playing long high balls to Quitongo just doesn't work. Wingers also needed, Forbes just shouldn't be playing out there. Our bench today was incredibly weak as well makes a huge difference when St.Mirren have Sutton, Hardie & Walsh off the bench and we bring on 3 teenagers.

Duffy's negative tactics lost us that game, nothing else.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

At least we have options. It's not like previous seasons when the first choice looks shit and the bench is empty. It's just the lack of a solid DM that could hurt us.

Obviously i only heard the radio commentary, but they were very critical of Mallan.

That's  what I said on another thread I think, You'd fancy at least 1 of our 4 strikers to grab a goal most weeks. 

Mallan needs 2 others in beside him, he's not going to do the dirty work or get stuck in. Got to think we'll probably go 4-3-3 when Quinn returns. Great to see Morgan getting an assist, he's our secret weapon this season. 

Options are the one thing you have that we don't. If I remember correctly st mirren had made their 3 subs by the time we made our first, and it was all due to us having none on the bench.

We are badly needing a striker with a presence about him that can hold up the ball. We ended up chasing the ball for an hour because we kept inviting pressure on to us and it left our central midfield chasing shadows when ability wise they are more than a match for their st mirren counterparts as shown in the first 30 mins of the game.

Archived