East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Pistol88 said:

Dunbar 2-0 Oakley 

Darren Handling (2) 

2 Mistakes cost us dearly today, tight game but Dunbar more experienced and streetwise than Oakley today and Chris king is still quality, wind spoiled the game a bit and wasn't much chances at both ends.referee was very good as well

I agree with 2 of your points number 4, it was a tight game and the referee was superb, best I've seen so far this season. Make that 3, because the wind definitely was a factor. As for Chris King, his link up play can be superb at times but lacks pace and discipline, being booked what seems to be nearly every game really grates on me, especially when it's due to stupid back chat to the officials, no excuse for that (you would think a player of his experience would learn to shut up) is there not a limit to yellows before you receive a ban? If so he must be close. Good luck for the rest of the season.

14 hours ago, number4 said:

2 Mistakes cost us dearly today, tight game but Dunbar more experienced and streetwise than Oakley today and Chris king is still quality, wind spoiled the game a bit and wasn't much chances at both ends.referee was very good as well

I never seen the quality you mention in the game yesterday, he is a good player but he doesnt do him self any favours. The manager got away with it in playing him beside Devlin, they both lack the pace and the energy required in there, and if not for Gibson and Mitchell  it could have been different. For me King is more dangerous behind the front line.The manager plays a system he likes and up till now it has worked but yesterday it didnt but they got away with it and picked up full points despite playing below what we have seen recently. Not a bad thing and long may it continue.

Blackburn United 1 Crossgates Primrose 3

A much changed Burnie line-up through injury and resting players, and despite taking the lead were bitten on the bum by Crossgates, who fully deserved their win.

Next week it's back to league business and the match against Kirkcaldy YM has been switched to Blackburn due to the arson damage at Denfield.

On 11/6/2016 at 06:14, pumphy_man said:

Pumpherston 4 Stoneyburn 1

Ally McRitchie grabbed his 13th and 14th goals of the season were added to from Zander Murray(9th goal) and an o.g  gave Pumphy all 3 pts.Stoneyburn scored from the penalty spot to pull a goal back.

There are a few players that have appeared to have been scoring for fun this in the league this season.  

2 hours ago, imho said:

There are a few players that have appeared to have been scoring for fun this in the league this season.  

Yeah IMHO if they get a sniff most of the time they put them away.Been a few seasons now since we've had a player in double figures at Pumphy.Think were second highest scorers in the east region second to Kirriemuir 

2 hours ago, imho said:

McQuillan at Blackburn is way out in front someone at Dunbar think it could be Ballantyne is scoring for fun too not sure how many though. 

I have been noticing some scary results recently none more so that Crossgates beating Blackburn, Pumphy have a strong team and free scoring Ally McR is scoring for fun, heard McQuillian is for Blackburn, Forbes for Crossgates as well. Can't see anyway back for teams like West Calder, Livingston Utd, Kirkcaldy and Easthouses (who I'm my own opinion are still a gang)

Blackburn United have tonight signed Craig Young on a permanent deal from Broxburn Athletic. Great signing.

Certainly is, been a standout for broxburn for a lot of years,but max knows best eh. All the best youngy

I have been noticing some scary results recently none more so that Crossgates beating Blackburn, Pumphy have a strong team and free scoring Ally McR is scoring for fun, heard McQuillian is for Blackburn, Forbes for Crossgates as well. Can't see anyway back for teams like West Calder, Livingston Utd, Kirkcaldy and Easthouses (who I'm my own opinion are still a gang)

Hahaha you're a bellend

And crossgates will be nowhere near the top come end of season if you were getting at that[emoji23][emoji23]

Clown!!

Full set of fixtures in the South Division this week with Dunbar Utd v Lochgelly Albert being the standout fixture. I've seen both v Blackburn and was impressed with both. Lochgelly showed their belief and determination to come back from a 2 goal deficit to draw (they also beat Pumpherston after trailing too) and Dunbar were very similar in style to Blackburn leading to a game of very few chances. Both sides came on strong in the second half, Dunbar with just ten men and Lochgelly pressing Blackburn deep in their own half for long spells. It's got draw written all over it for me.

Archived