East Region South Division Thread 2016/2017

Burnie_man

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunbar should join Blackburn and gain promotion to the Premier league.

Having a better goal difference, one win out three would be enough.

Great effect this season and woulh join Haddington and Tranent in the league above.

Well done to Blackburn on their promotion and apologies for suggesting they may bottle it ! They just seem to grind out the results and are deserved in their promotion. Next week is lining up to be a cracker and thankfully we have hit goal scoring form at the right time , I think we will be too strong for Blackburn . I'm still a bit concerned about our game with Lochgelly if truth be told though.
Going by what the Blackburn guy said the other week , they have done it on a next to nothing budget which says loads for their management team Mark and Jamie , will other " bigger clubs " be sniffing about for their services soon ?

Well done to Blackburn on their promotion yesterday. Fully deserved.

Well it certainly is a cracker next week. We still have to secure promotion which has to be priority number 1. However in terms of the league:

Blackburn Win - Blackburn win the league
Dunbar Win - Dunbar need 1 point from
two remaining games to win the league
Draw - Dunbar need 4 points from two remaining games to win the league

Exciting.

Oh ma heid!  that game was as nerve shredding as I expected it to be. As I kept saying, games at West Calder are anything but easy and they made it very difficult for us on a hard, bobbly pitch.  We didn't play well but big Andy got the goal on 67 minutes and that's all that matters, his 35th of the season I think.

Promotion for the first time since 1985, the beer tasted sweet last night!  pressure off now, and a great way to finish next week with a "title decider" at Dunbar. Sadly not really a decider due to the poor fixture planning, but a big game none the less. Hopefully a good crowd for this, think we're taking a larger than normal bus.

Well done to Blackburn on promotion - they deserve to go up.

The big one is this weekend v Dunbar - how do we see it going?

Hopefully I can manage to get down in time from work.

I fancy Dunbar to nick it by the odd goal.

Great to be back at Recreation Park. Good team performance after a bit of a nervy opening spell but then took the game by the scruff of the neck. Excellent result which contributed to a very upbeat players presentation night later on. Credit to Crossgates for not giving up and trying hard to the end.

On 4/23/2017 at 09:50, Desperate Bamstik said:

Well done to Blackburn on their promotion and apologies for suggesting they may bottle it ! They just seem to grind out the results and are deserved in their promotion. Next week is lining up to be a cracker and thankfully we have hit goal scoring form at the right time , I think we will be too strong for Blackburn . I'm still a bit concerned about our game with Lochgelly if truth be told though.
Going by what the Blackburn guy said the other week , they have done it on a next to nothing budget which says loads for their management team Mark and Jamie , will other " bigger clubs " be sniffing about for their services soon ?

You must have been away when Lochgelly beat you 1-0.  You would have thought Mark or Jamie would have told you. The old reverse psychology eh.?    

13 hours ago, honeststeve said:

Great to be back at Recreation Park. Good team performance after a bit of a nervy opening spell but then took the game by the scruff of the neck. Excellent result which contributed to a very upbeat players presentation night later on. Credit to Crossgates for not giving up and trying hard to the end.

Hope that Rosyth manage to sort something out for the future. Good club. What is the latest news.?

On 4/23/2017 at 10:41, Burnie_man said:

Oh ma heid!  that game was as nerve shredding as I expected it to be. As I kept saying, games at West Calder are anything but easy and they made it very difficult for us on a hard, bobbly pitch.  We didn't play well but big Andy got the goal on 67 minutes and that's all that matters, his 35th of the season I think.

Promotion for the first time since 1985, the beer tasted sweet last night!  pressure off now, and a great way to finish next week with a "title decider" at Dunbar. Sadly not really a decider due to the poor fixture planning, but a big game none the less. Hopefully a good crowd for this, think we're taking a larger than normal bus.

Well done Burnie on the promotion,been coming for awhile and finally nailed. Should be a good crowd . 

5 hours ago, imho said:

Well done Burnie on the promotion,been coming for awhile and finally nailed. Should be a good crowd . 

Thanks, looking forward to the game on Saturday, hopefully a good game and a good crowd, and nae wind!

Pressure is off at last as the main target has been achieved, it's been some race to the finish line, to the wire as expected. Saturday could be the icing on the cake and we'll give it our very best shot. Last game of the season so the players can run their legs off in the knowledge the close season is imminent.  Party back at base afterwards regardless of result!

12 hours ago, Stargazer said:

This game has piqued my curiosity and also it's a day oot....need to know a couple of things. Where does one get beer and what's the grub like for my hungry pal?

As has been said, there is a good bar within the complex or a good 5 minute walk up to the front street and there are 2 or 3 decent pubs .

Think i will head down to dunbar to watch this one too, seen both teams this season once or twice. Cant see dunbar losing at home. Blackburn have 2 or 3 good individuals in Campbell the guy from broxburn and Mcquillan but dunbar seem like more of a team. Both teams very good going forward especially dunbar in wide areas. If dunbar get it right in the middle of the park on saturdayt i think the league is theirs. When playing against Andy Mcquillan though anything can happen.

Well done to Blackburn on securing promotion, will be good to play against yourselfs next year at your great set up.

16 hours ago, Stargazer said:

This game has piqued my curiosity and also it's a day oot....need to know a couple of things. Where does one get beer and what's the grub like for my hungry pal?

I had a great day out when doing a Dunbar match. Nice wee town. Traditional main street including good vinyl record shop. If you like your real ale the best pub is the Volunteer Arms - turn right at the far end of the main street and downhill for a few yards. Turning left at the end of the main street leads to a pleasant short seafront walk - rocks/cliffs. What looks like a pub at the end of the walk is an up-itself restaurant - ignore.

From the centre there's a pedestrian cut-through under the railway line by the small fire station. Much easier than going the long way round on the roads. Walking through there arrives immediately at the pay gate / at the outside bar.

The pie in the ground was superb and the sausage roll was a giant.

Enjoy.

Archived