Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Hopefully McGeouch is ready to start and we ditch the back 5. I like when we play 3-5-2 but we don't need it every game.

McGeough is our best player IMO. If he's fit all season we win the league. Sadly he's likely to miss more games than he'll play. 

Lennon saying he doubts Henderson will be joining on sportsound. A real shame. Regardless of this news he will always be a legend and one of the most important players in our history. I hope he gets his chance at Celtic, he deserves it. Good luck Hendo

IMG_1471284135.714574.thumb.jpg.80d70a6d

IMG_1471284101.841872.jpg.e1d010fd85ed80

IMG_1471284233.042800.jpg.bc1883920ece38

IMG_1471284279.374995.jpg.7b53ed349f100a

I've never seen a loan player play with such passion and commitment, he really did give his all for us. You can tell he loved being here and had a great bond with the fans straight away. 

It might still happen if Celtic make the Champions League because they'll probably strengthen with the money they'll make. If not he's still a Hibs Legend and I wish him all the best.

Think another has to be a proper target man. I know that's supposedly Holt's role, but against Dunfermline he looked like he needed a trampoline to get off the ground. A proper target man who could actually content with big defenders headers and win balls and knock them down for Cummings or Keatings or the midfielders is something we need. The constant lumping up field only for it to be nodded back because the defender is a foot and a half taller than Cummings is getting tedious 

Getting Henderson back would be the best piece of business of the season in the championship. His delivery is excellent and looking back at the play off semi his through ball for the penalty was outstanding.

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Getting Henderson back would be the best piece of business of the season in the championship. His delivery is excellent and looking back at the play off semi his through ball for the penalty was outstanding.

We've already done the best business in the league getting Paul Hanlon and Jason Cummings signed up on long term deals. 

Lennon coming across extremely well on sportsound. Rarely a Hibs manager speaks so well in the media. Never dodges a question either. Class act and my opinion of him has changed a lot in the last 3 months.

Just listened to the first 10 minutes and I agree wholeheartedly with this, he's very honest as well. Admitting that Cummings was of the mindset to leave yet after a conversation with him, signs a 4 year deal.

Also interesting that the bid from Peterborough was actually for £1.7m all in once the add ons etc were done, no often you'll see many Scottish clubs turning down that sort of figure so it shows that the club is being run very well at the moment.

Archived