Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The betting shortlists still say the same thing: nobody has a clue who it could be yet. I want us to move on quickly, but there may be a lot of varied candidates for the club to consider. This season could be the making of a manager or the breaking of a career, for any prospective stone-steppers. The club may or may not receive substantial compensation from the resignation, compared to what Hibs were holding out for, but it cut short any prolonged negotiations which we could have done without.

An abrupt end to Stubbs' saga is perhaps better than a descent into the soap opera we are more accustomed to. This hasn't stopped a soapy-saliva wankfest, from disturbed people blurting disturbing things about Kitty MacKinnon, just because they have been frothing at first sight. From the distasteful to the downright demented, this 'rumour' is easily the biggest load of bollocks since Akpo Sodje left Hibs.

I will trust the Hibs statement over the Rotherham statement; it wouldn't be the first time the other party has fabricated a fact. If Hibs say that we agreed compensation and Stubbs did not resign, I will take that as gospel truth. Say what you want about God Petrie, he delivers us from upheaval and will have got us a pound for every libellous comment about the Hibs physio.

I work with a guy who claims to be in the know with all things Hibs and he believes it's going to be Cathro.

Funniest one yet. Can't see Ian Cathro leaving Newcastle United and the chance to work under Benitez.

Steve Evans in the news today saying he's very keen to take the job

Please let this happen.

He probably would do a good job but with Rangers and Livingston gone this division needs more hate figures, and Steve Evans is possibly the most odious man in football. It would be tremendous entertainment.

Please let this happen.

He probably would do a good job but with Rangers and Livingston gone this division needs more hate figures, and Steve Evans is possibly the most odious man in football. It would be tremendous entertainment.

Lennon/Evans dream team? 

Please let this happen.

Won 8 promotions in 12 seasons. Very good record.

Steve Evans is a total c**t of a man. Referring to himself in the third person in interviews confirms that.

Lennon would be a decent appointment. Again though with Hibs we have rarely, in recent times, appointed the guys on the bookies list. A random coach from down south is a likely outcome.

Archived