Hibernian Championship Thread 2016/17

The Hibs job next season will probably be the easiest in Scotland and will do wonders for someone's reputation. Look at Warburton, only won it by 9 points above a diddy team like Falkirk and is held up as some sort of messiah. Hibs won't have quite the same resource gap as Rangers did over everyone else but they'll still walk it with anyone vaguely competent. The fans and media will lap it up.

I could see Lennon being interested with the view that winning this league puts him at the front of the queue for when Rodgers takes a lower Premiership job.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hibs job next season will probably be the easiest in Scotland and will do wonders for someone's reputation. Look at Warburton, only won it by 9 points above a diddy team like Falkirk and is held up as some sort of messiah. Hibs won't have quite the same resource gap as Rangers did over everyone else but they'll still walk it with anyone vaguely competent. The fans and media will lap it up.

I could see Lennon being interested with the view that winning this league puts him at the front of the queue for when Rodgers takes a lower Premiership job.

Agree with most of this

Hard to argue with that.  There shouldn't really need to be too much work added to what's there already providing too many players don't leave which I don't expect to happen.  Main concern could be that the 3 main strikers from last season might all be away before next season starts.

Steve Evans is a total c**t of a man. Referring to himself in the third person in interviews confirms that.

Lennon would be a decent appointment. Again though with Hibs we have rarely, in recent times, appointed the guys on the bookies list. A random coach from down south is a likely outcome.

I'm amazed he got another job after the goings on at Boston. Can't see Hibs touching him with a barge poll with his dodgy record.

I'm not sure Lennon would be as big a coup as some folk are making out.

He always came across as tactically inept. He done very well in Europe with Celtic but outwith that he's never impressed me.

A few of the more level headed Celtic fans in my work were horrified at the thought of him returning to them. They tended to agree with the tactical side of things letting him down as well as a mass amount of his signings being utter diddies.

I reckon Hibs could do better tbh.

Would just turn into slavers from other Championship teams saying who they want, as if they have a chance in the league anyway.

The Hibs boyz can just state their preference. Of the sub 20/1 options, I'd have 1. Lennon 2. McCall. Coyle would probably be a distant 3rd if he hadn't just went elsewhere.

Dunno how to do this but someone get a Poll up with top 3 /4 names and see who the fans want?

GTF out of this thread with that shite idea.  It's already been clogged up enough with no marks thinking they're being funny by posting names like Danny Lennon and Ally McCoist (which I think FB has done twice in two threads now).

Archived