Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy's

Let me give you an update from Guy's Meadow.

Firstly there was no game on the pitch on Sunday,if you know otherwise please let me know as i was there most of the day.

With regards the pitch no one is more disappointment than myself at the condition of the pitch on Saturday,during the close season i had agreed with a reputable supplier to have the pitch gravel banded,without going into the details too much  a programme was agreed but the supplier didnt deliver on their promise(senior teams taking preference)when they eventually came round to doing the work it was too late to have the pitch ready for the start of the season.There was the usual work done on the park along with some additional drainage put in the problem area's and to be honest the park was in excellent condition come August.The pitch has been vertidrained twice in the last month and our groundststaff spend numerous hours each week doing the best they can under the circustances.As i said above we know what needs to be done and i will ensure the work commences the same week the park closes at the end of the season.I also have a meeting tomorrow to see what can be done on the short term and happy to keep you posted.

We didnt expect Rob Roy still to be here 3 years on but they are very welcome and have been nothing but complimentary of Cumbernauld and what we have done for them at Guy's Meadow and a strong relationship now exsisits between the clubs,and as previously mentioned dont think they had done too bad over the last couple seasons.

Over and above the pitch improvements next year we will be upgrading our training facitily and plans are now in the process of being submitted to the council to include a substancial investment which (if approved) will include an additional Bar,gym,Hospitality Suite,Cafe and a laundrette.

Game on Saturday now changed to Kilbirnie.

Thats it for now.

CUFC

Please keep us posted. I know it's not easy running a junior club especially when it comes to the financial side of things, you obviously have been trying to improve the park and you've been let down by the company.

Guys Meadow is a really good ground and once the pitch is improved there's not much negativity you can say about the place! I hope you get the funding for the improvements your wanting, even if we're no longer there by the time it happens, as I personally think it has potential to be one of the best facilities in the west

Problem is to many cup games played in good weather get straight into the league Saturday Wednesday when weather is fair I know it's a big ask financially and phisically but covers for when bad rain forecast would ensure games o ahead and that's not having a go at Cumbernauld they have been very accommodating to the Roy so fair play to them [emoji106]

Ground sharing should only be allowed to exist in junior football if it's played on an artificial surface.

You only had to see what happened to Fir Park when Motherwell and Gretna played there and that was with full time ground staff. Unfortunately Scotland isn't made for football every week on grass parks.

Sensible decision to switch the game this weekend and that Kilbirnie accepted that especially since we know they will lose the revenue from drink sales since it's not 14 days in advance.
Fair play to both clubs

Hopefully for Cumbernauld's sake KRR get their situation sorted soon as it's a good club and has had some decent sides in the last few years and would like to see them up in the premier league but doubt that will be the case while KRR using their ground as the likely hood of call offs increases and will impact on their season.

Ground sharing should only be allowed to exist in junior football if it's played on an artificial surface.

You only had to see what happened to Fir Park when Motherwell and Gretna played there and that was with full time ground staff. Unfortunately Scotland isn't made for football every week on grass parks.

Sensible decision to switch the game this weekend and that Kilbirnie accepted that especially since we know they will lose the revenue from drink sales since it's not 14 days in advance.
Fair play to both clubs

Hopefully for Cumbernauld's sake KRR get their situation sorted soon as it's a good club and has had some decent sides in the last few years and would like to see them up in the premier league but doubt that will be the case while KRR using their ground as the likely hood of call offs increases and will impact on their season.

Only problem being Petershill is closest artificial surface to us which is already being shared with Rossvale so we would have ended up having to play away out further away

Guy's

Firstly there was no game on the pitch on Sunday,if you know otherwise please let me know as i was there most of the day.

With regards the pitch no one is more disappointment than myself at the condition of the pitch on Saturday,during the close season i had agreed with a reputable supplier to have the pitch gravel banded,without going into the details too much  a programme was agreed but the supplier didnt deliver on their promise(senior teams taking preference)when they eventually came round to doing the work it was too late to have the pitch ready for the start of the season.There was the usual work done on the park along with some additional drainage put in the problem area's and to be honest the park was in excellent condition come August.The pitch has been vertidrained twice in the last month and our groundststaff spend numerous hours each week doing the best they can under the circustances.As i said above we know what needs to be done and i will ensure the work commences the same week the park closes at the end of the season.I also have a meeting tomorrow to see what can be done on the short term and happy to keep you posted.

We didnt expect Rob Roy still to be here 3 years on but they are very welcome and have been nothing but complimentary of Cumbernauld and what we have done for them at Guy's Meadow and a strong relationship now exsisits between the clubs,and as previously mentioned dont think they had done too bad over the last couple seasons.

Over and above the pitch improvements next year we will be upgrading our training facitily and plans are now in the process of being submitted to the council to include a substancial investment which (if approved) will include an additional Bar,gym,Hospitality Suite,Cafe and a laundrette.

Thats it for now.

CUFC

Excellent post sir.

Detailed informative and good to hear Cumbernauld have exciting plans for the future.

As a supporters please don't feel any ' criticism ' and i use that word lightly was me or anyone else having a go.

Cumbernauld have been excellent with us one day the roy may have to help a club out and i am sure they would its what good junior clubs do help if they can to look after there own.

8 hours ago, BeverleyHills said:

Guy's

Thats it for now.

CUFC

Apologies if I got it wrong about the boys game on the Sunday Was just repeating what I got told on Saturday

Ravens Craig indoor 4G, KIRR HARDIE 4G, Kilsyth 4G , DAZIEL 4G , £120 for 2 hours

Well going by that then Merkland Astro could be used too BUT... The club would lose out on so much money that way. For a start £120 would be lost every second week. Gate money would be lost as they have fences that people can easily stand and look through and watch the game for nothing, then players wages into the bargain

Well going by that then Merkland Astro could be used too BUT... The club would lose out on so much money that way. For a start £120 would be lost every second week. Gate money would be lost as they have fences that people can easily stand and look through and watch the game for nothing, then players wages into the bargain[/quote

Ravens Craig indoor has stand and door entry. Has been used in past for senior games. Great facility not used enough.

Well going by that then Merkland Astro could be used too BUT... The club would lose out on so much money that way. For a start £120 would be lost every second week. Gate money would be lost as they have fences that people can easily stand and look through and watch the game for nothing, then players wages into the bargain

Simply can't play a junior game there .

Simply can't play a junior game there .

I'm sure there are rules also for room for spectators, not 100% but I was told something like this was the reason Rossvale had to groundshare with Peterhill while Huntershill was redeveloped because the Astro at Huntershill was only installed a few years ago

Archived