Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny ground long pitch goal to goal but very narrow across, probably better with a 4-4-2 someone quick to feed of willie as plenty of space behind centre half. Looks like a wet heavey pitch with the weather. Plenty on the bench will be hungry for a chance to shine, mind you I can't see maxi changing it. He likes his 5 across the midfield. Hope the Roy turn up wasn't impressed with Scotttish cup 2nd round display score flattered us.

9 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Funny ground long pitch goal to goal but very narrow across, probably better with a 4-4-2 someone quick to feed of willie as plenty of space behind centre half. Looks like a wet heavey pitch with the weather. Plenty on the bench will be hungry for a chance to shine, mind you I can't see maxi changing it. He likes his 5 across the midfield. Hope the Roy turn up wasn't impressed with Scotttish cup 2nd round display score flattered us.

Likes 5 across midfield .... he has very rarely played that formation . Vast majority of the time its sawyers and another usually watt. Colony park think you are being a bit harsh , they were at home and were flying the the league , long bus journey for us and we stuck 4 past them without to much fuss in the end.

Scottish you can't change it that much perthshire will be given the respect they deserve turn up and don't perform we are out simple as that some ties you can get away with it this tie we won't.

If pitch narrow then 4 4 2 either kazarratte or watt but Maxwell prefers 5 midfielders feel as if he accommodating Fraser rather than play him in midfield his natural position and sacrifice a striker watt seems to be paying the price IMO and the guy is still 2nd top scorer behind wullie strange but some managers have their favs and as long as results continue he is right

Taken in all games this season and 9 times out of 10 we play with 1 up front. I would prefer Fraser to enter the box late from midfield from a 4 Than have Willie up front himself. The pitches are now heavy and trying to play with 5 across the middle just kills the game no space . Also gives players a place to hide that don't work hard enough.for the team.

Yer man Fraser is a midfield who likes to get forward and get on the end of things

leaving big sawyers out would be madness.

has kev watt scored any league goals though mac?? '

Would never leave big sawyers out but would rather a natural striker playing beside him than a makeshift one one Fraser a midfielder seems to me he being accommodated rather than drop a midfielder to play Fraser in his natural role just an opinion as for scoring in league don't think watt has had many opportunities to score but must have at least 9 of 10 the now in all competitions then we even have the lad in from Dumbarton and he doesn't play either baffled is the word I'm afraid

50 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Taken in all games this season and 9 times out of 10 we play with 1 up front. I would prefer Fraser to enter the box late from midfield from a 4 Than have Willie up front himself. The pitches are now heavy and trying to play with 5 across the middle just kills the game no space . Also gives players a place to hide that don't work hard enough.for the team.

Kevin Watt has started 10 games.

Willie Sawyers has started 17 games.

Amadou has started 3 games.

All strikers that have been partners up front. Kevin Watt has started 10 games every time up front with Sawyers.

I agree on what you say about Shaun Fraser.

36 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Would never leave big sawyers out but would rather a natural striker playing beside him than a makeshift one one Fraser a midfielder seems to me he being accommodated rather than drop a midfielder to play Fraser in his natural role just an opinion as for scoring in league don't think watt has had many opportunities to score but must have at least 9 of 10 the now in all competitions then we even the lad in from Dumbarton and he doesn't play either baffled is the word I'm afraid

How many teams has Shaun played up front on just behind willie ? 1? 2? he mostly played center mid.

Kevin Is a good player everyone rates him but not really happened for him against the better team by that i mean league games.

4 starts in league  4 games he has came on around 20 mins to go . 1 goal .

He is better than that and it will come good for him but you can't blame the manager for shuffling things about.

Amadou came in start of october and has started 3 games and featured in the other 3 . So you can't say he doesn't play mate.

Well let's see 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1 or 4- 2-3-1 or 4-5-1 it still 5 across the middle

So you've missed the ten games yes ten where Kevin has been up alongside Willie in the forward position.
Kevin Watt has never played anywhere but there.

Well let's see 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1 or 4- 2-3-1 or 4-5-1 it still 5 across the middle

Exactly but wullie hasn't the pace sad but true all good and fine whilst winning but it won't go on forever then kazarraate and watt will be expected to come in and turn it around unfair but let's see hope I'm wrong

Right or wrong  with the formation,  apart from Beith , the other 3 teams mentioned have had a terrible start to the season (in the league), KRR, a great start, however you could then argue, the one decent team (re form) you have played (Beith) beat you at home, sorry, totally outplayed you, wrong formation or just no quite good enough, time I guess will tell.

We played terrible against Beith combination of changing our formation to one up front going totally against what we had did all season and the fact Beith are a good side.
Nobody claims we are brilliant or going to do this or that we ain't that stupid just enjoying a good run that has brought 15 wins from 17 games.

Your having a laugh, quite clear you don't attend games if you say Roy plays a 4-4-2 . Luke , Gary, Frazier , Duff and lee wide willie up front . Kilbirnie, Beith, Troon , Hurlford

So Kevin Watt started both games against Troon and Hurlford and played in a midfield five with sawyers up front himself?? You sure??
You said nine times out of ten this season we have played one up front so Kevin Watt has started 10 games in midfield? Where in midfield would that be exactly?
Anyway glad your going along and enjoying the games just a wee disagreement nothing major ha

Archived