Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Yes that's fine Red and cloughy I thought the pitch lineage could have been better,the line was nowhere to be seen just a big mudpile along it.

I would say team did okay but before our third goal! we were getting caught short in defence with long balls from Perthshire and I could see them getting a result,and team will get beaten more often than not if we don't focus on this going forward.

I am a positive person in general I have to be! however I am also open and honest so il reply if I feel anyone is dissing a factual reply I have given in response to a question I now know is a dig! but that's okay and Fraz!!! is you looking for an agent I'm your man son!!

On another note fourth  round to be announced next week? to be played when?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fourth round draw is Wednesday November 30th half three evening times offices.
We played three at the back as it was a tight long pitch i get that but the number 9 smith and two decent wide players when breaking looked dangerous and we looked light on number at the back but that's the risky game you play with three at the back.
Football management is a risky business usually a fine line between success and failure. Sometimes you have to take a chance and sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't.
We are top of a ultra competitive league mid late November still in west still in Scottish and a trophy in the bag.
Not bad for a club going through such a big transition.
We will lose games we will win games the management will get it right sometimes and get it wrong sometimes players will also be the same. More often than not they have got it right.
Let's see what the fixture man throws up for next Saturday.

Your a positive man yourself red! That's good and yes agree the season will be long drawn out with call offs etc,but take each game as it comes,I would have been annoyed if that last penalty was not given as it was a clear trip and the attacking forward play from our team is always a nice sight to see but we do have a good team all over the park and barring the slip before their third goal we would not have conceeded the goal.

great goalie we have too confident and competent.

Wullie will be gutted to be out but hopefully get recovered soon now we can call on the equally competent other strikers to fill the void after all we have fit and competent players there to slot in.

we take each game at a time and as I said I am merely being optimistic in that I feel a top 3 or 4 finish is achievable and while we have lost two league games! every other team can lose also! it's how we answer the losses that's key! look forward to next game and result.

Look we all want the same thing, sometimes we need to air our opinions and yes we all have a different opinion. You can be positive in a number of ways, not just praise praise praise. In life and football I call it as I see it. Wrongly or rightly but history says debate is good. So if I say something please don't take it personal it's only my opinion. I am like all others I want The Roy to do great, hence the disappointment when we don't play as well as we or I think we can. Maxi has a great squad 20 player ex pro or pro youth, We should not struggle over a season because we have a large squad. So if we don't play well we should have the players on the bench that can keep the level of performance expected by maxi. We all see players go through different levels of performance and yes competition is good. So we have 20 players lets see competition for places surely that's what we all want. I and most Roy supports today witnessed a lack of performance in certain areas of the pith. If I am wrong then fine, if I am right then we need to address this issue, we have a squad of players not two or three individuals a Team. Willie and Gary are out let's see the squad used and maybe we will be surprised.

We haven't played well for a few weeks now but still got decent results, few players need to start performing every week rather than once every few. Kevin Watt ex senior looking for bit more , good work outside box not a lot goals. Chris duff folk say could be best player in league he has to offer more , rather than once every few games 

Listen plugmac you said you have never heard of Shaun Fraser!  and of course I live and work in Glasgow north area and support junior football so yes I do know him as a player and many others including opposition teams players.

The information I gave is fact any fool can look it up.(Missed out short spell with petershill) before ashfield.

I see that you are not pleased about him being there! as he is being accommodated!! I however am pleased he chose to sign with Rob Roy because it's the overall season performances I'm interested in and seeing the team win things! (First sectional cup win in 43 years) all players contributed! so on paper "Mr I've got a chip on my shoulder" the team is stronger with all players in it.

Don't start the your a manager or agent sir because digs don't work with me,and I unlike you see the potencial in the team,and refuse to even reply to your sarcasm! anymore.

Who are you! are you a fan! if so grow up and support the team and stop questioning my posts! I've answered a question from you!! 

Support the manager support the players support fellow fans and as my parents used to say "if you have nothing nice or positive to say"then say nothing!! they also used to say "never make assumptions in haste or anger"it makes an arse of you and I.

Then stop having a personal interest In Shaun I don't make assumptions Stuart I say it as I say it. 4 4 2 is the way ahead we ain't Celtic big guy up top Dumbarton lad or watt feeding off him 2 wingers 2 hard b*****ds midfield 2 wing backs that can get back 2 central defenders that defend some folk make game look harder than it is ffs

First division junior 1 season with ashfield/ premier 3 with them/ 4 seasons total league 2 1 season came back to junior, Queens park season they just missed out on playoff for promotion to  league 1. Been playing junior since 18 before this under 17 for Partick 6 month then under 17 Ross county for season.

Pro youth-hibs Kilmarnock and celtic

Homework complete 

Not quite, he was at Petershill before he was at Ashfield.

Edit: Saw your later post!

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism,and we can only support as usual.

Unfortunately we cannot decide tactics or formations or who plays etc can only trust in the manager and coaches to get it right and all players to perform.

I unfortunately can't help with that,I can however say we all want the same end result! and it's a team effort,can only support and take each game as it comes.

hopefully the manager plays your favoured formation and players  and they do the job well plug Mac.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism,and we can only support as usual.

Unfortunately we cannot decide tactics or formations or who plays etc can only trust in the manager and coaches to get it right and all players to perform.

I unfortunately can't help with that,I can however say we all want the same end result! and it's a team effort,can only support and take each game as it comes.

hopefully the manager plays your favoured formation and players  and they do the job well plug Mac.

I'm sure maxi knows what he is doing horses for courses I suppose but need to be more positive sometimes let's face it we had an easy start to season but games going to be more testing from now big guy getting injured yesterday is a blow doesn't help chance for the Dumbarton lad to shine pretty sure his parent club expect him to play now

6 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Kev watt should be an automatic pick with wullie as should Chris duff the other 8 up to manager best players best results old fashioned perhaps but that's our 3 best players and should be on the park at all times injuries except

Yes they are but i am looking for kevin to be more clinical, he is neat and tidy with ball and good link up but he needs the killer touch. Duff for all his ability flits in and out games you think he could push that wee bit extra out his game.

Kev watt should be an automatic pick with wullie as should Chris duff the other 8 up to manager best players best results old fashioned perhaps but that's our 3 best players and should be on the park at all times injuries except

For starters no easy games in the premier league.

We have played Kilsyth , Clydebank, Pollok twice, Hurlford, Kilwinning, Shettleston, Kilbirnie, Cumnock both away all difficult games.

Talbot and Beith are the two stand out teams the rest are all decent teams much the same and not a million miles behind those teams.

Your just looking to get a wee dig all because and this may be wrong because Kevin isn't getting as much game time as you think he should. He's started 11 games out of 18 btw.

If anyone this season is automatic picks it's Sawyers,Mackenzie,Green, that's it those three have been good consistent performers every game.

Kevin isn't an automatch pick when sawyers is fit simple as that.

Chris Duff is probably our most talented players but given he gets a rough time of it most games a break for him on the bench now and again is sensible.

Buchanan was a sub yesterday because he wasn't training during the week and the policy is you don't play Saturday if you miss training during the week. Some will agree with that some won't the problem that policy brings is you need to stick to it rigidly and sometimes cut your nose off to spite your face.

We have played Kilsyth , Clydebank, Pollok twice, Hurlford, Kilwinning, Shettleston, Kilbirnie, Cumnock both away all difficult games.

Talbot and Beith are the two stand out teams the rest are all decent teams much the same and not a million miles behind those teams.

Your just looking to get a wee dig all because and this may be wrong because Kevin isn't getting as much game time as you think he should. He's started 11 games out of 18 btw.

If anyone this season is automatic picks it's Sawyers,Mackenzie,Green, that's it those three have been good consistent performers every game.

Chris Duff is probably our most talented players but given he gets a rough time of it most games a break for him on the bench now and again is sensible.

Buchanan was a sub yesterday because he wasn't training during the week and the policy is you don't play Saturday if you miss training during the week. Some will agree with that some won't the problem that policy brings is you need to stick to it rigidly and sometimes cut your nose off to spite your face.

Your opinion mate but some lads have work commitments and family and will stand by what I said sawyers watt duff 8 others

Your opinion mate but some lads have work commitments and family and will stand by what I said sawyers watt duff 8 others

They do that's why i think you can sometimes hurt yourself by having that policy.
So your telling me Danny Mackenzie isn't am automatic pick he is a very good consistent player and nobody else has played that position since he came to the club.
Kevin Green has been rock solid every game this season and scored a few.

Willie is Willie that's why automatic pick.

Kevin is a very good player but doesn't score enough goals against the better teams by that i mean premier league games to earn that in my opinion.

Can't undestimate any team! attitude has to be respect every team.

Hard work! tough mentality! technical work! dirty work! not just skill! wins games you can dribble pretty all day long and lose its not enough! sometimes we need to think out of our own wee box and look at the hard graft required to beat teams,we lost the two games and were not tough enough mainly the beith game,we held them for most of first half was not much in it,we then got pushed around a bit and they got the better,putting all of what I said above into the entire game result may have been the opposite.

respect all teams but I personally didn't think beith are not beatable! they have confidence and some players who are good at brute force! not decent football but part of the junior game! your skilfull  wee tidy players get eaten alive by some of the more physical players in these teams.

I am sure you will get my point but given our not too bad results so far we will be respected by every team and they will set out to stop us,that's good enough for me and games we lose as long as we learn and move on.

The team is doing okay if we had been unbeaten to this point we would all be waiting for the loss,so we now move to next game.

Scottish cup forth round not too shabby and was really not wanting a draw yesterday and a replay! cumbernauld can't be in a great state given last game we played there and was a game yesterday surely it's a big bog today.

Anyway let's trust in coaches etc they doing ok 

That was the Policy until Gary and Gavin didn't train and were an automatic pick. Very poor decision what message does that send to the rest of the team

Archived