Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

This is where the winter break argument comes in and in junior football the scrapping of the sectional league cup

If league games started when the league cup started then by the time end of November comes half the league games would be more or less played, have a break for December and play other half of fixtures at the start of the next year onwards, with our league having 12 teams only playing each other twice that is only 11 league games to play from August to November. Of course the cups start coming in but starting the league earlier could help accommodate that.

League cup IF teams still wanted it could be, as previously suggested, an end of season tournament with the final being played in May/June time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is where the winter break argument comes in and in junior football the scrapping of the sectional league cup

If league games started when the league cup started then by the time end of November comes half the league games would be more or less played, have a break for December and play other half of fixtures at the start of the next year onwards, with our league having 12 teams only playing each other twice that is only 11 league games to play from August to November. Of course the cups start coming in but starting the league earlier could help accommodate that.

League cup IF teams still wanted it could be, as previously suggested, an end of season tournament with the final being played in May/June time

Well said mate league games more important that's the measure of a team not cup ties in glorious weather al be it we won a trophy early doors. But cup finals are for end of season even t in the seniors nonsense having a cup final this Sunday stupid but life goes on

Then you could have a scenario where we only have a handful of games to play after new year.

Yeah I get that, suppose though January/February are still favourable call off months giving the league a chance to re-schedule fixtures without the pile up of 2/3 games a week. If the league happened to finish in mid March then kick the league cup off at end of March, group stage played through April then May for the further on rounds

Yeah that's true. I'm happy playing at Cumbernauld for the time being! Although a break in winter would probably benefit both Rob Roy and Cumbernauld Utd to give Guy's meadow a break. But hey these are only ideas from a fan, it all comes down to the SJFA

Again we are two months ahead of what we have been in league games.
No real reason to get involved in all this carry on of arranging a game at a big sports centre.

So Scottish cup run and West of Scotland cup run and league. A few months of bad weather would put excessive pressure on the team to complete fixtures. No one wants 2 games a week for 5 weeks. Common sense must prevail. Supporters want to go to a game every Saturday, mid week and cancelled games is not what the support want. Maybe arm chair fans or keyboard fans like games cancelled, surely the club want regular income. Saturday football is what the fans want

2 hours ago, cloughy said:

Can't understand why you wouldn't pay £120
for Ravens Craig indoor with a stand

In 2011 Blantyre Vics and Broughty Ferry made history by playing the first indoor Junior Cup tie at Ravenscraig.

The Vics lost 2-1. :(

End of the day it just isn't going to happen we will be playing all our ' home ' games at cumbernauld our designated home venue and that's that.

They said the same about the Berlin Wall, in life nothing stays the same it's called evolution. Time for a change get the games on. no shopping with the wife

14 minutes ago, cloughy said:

So Scottish cup run and West of Scotland cup run and league. A few months of bad weather would put excessive pressure on the team to complete fixtures. No one wants 2 games a week for 5 weeks. Common sense must prevail. Supporters want to go to a game every Saturday, mid week and cancelled games is not what the support want. Maybe arm chair fans or keyboard fans like games cancelled, surely the club want regular income. Saturday football is what the fans want

We have got on fine every other season i take it you have been around watching the juniors more than one season ?

Your going to get even less people going to a big sports center even further away from kirky than we already are!

I go to nearly every game i don't want games cancelled but i have been around the juniors on off for 40 plus years and never felt the need to move games away from our designated home venue through the fear of having to many games at the end of the season.

The junior cup tie mentioned was one of those rare cases where the tie HAD to be played as the competition ran by the SJFA not the WEST REGION who administer the league was moving on and this tie was being left behind.

IMO absolutely no need for this game to be moved like has been suggested when we have played over a third of our league games 8 in 3 months with another 6 months to go to play 14.

11 minutes ago, rednblack said:

We have got on fine every other season i take it you have been around watching the juniors more than one season ?

Your going to get even less people going to a big sports center even further away from kirky than we already are!

I go to nearly every game i don't want games cancelled but i have been around the juniors on off for 40 plus years and never felt the need to move games away from our designated home venue through the fear of having to many games at the end of the season.

The junior cup tie mentioned was one of those rare cases where the tie HAD to be played as the competition ran by the SJFA not the WEST REGION who administer the league was moving on and this tie was being left behind.

IMO absolutely no need for this game to be moved like has been suggested when we have played over a third of our league games 8 in 3 months with another 6 months to go to play 14.

Yeah,and for the tie to be played there the venue had to have SJFA approval..which was kinda my point.

Would the WEST REGION allow this to happen at short notice only 3 months into a season when we are not under extreme pressure to get a game played. This is what cloughy is wanting.

It would set a precedent would it not ditch the designated home league venue to suit yourself.

Sorry lad but if we can get a league fixture played I would consistent games shows a truer picture of the season not teams laid up for weeks on end then coming back rusty it doesn't show a true picture of the team early season kick off cups spring alternative all weather venues in agreement with both parties this 3 games a week to decide a championship and relegation is outdated nonsense

Who say's we are going to be held up for weeks ??

This is junior football semi pro not some amateur league where you can move about venues at will.

We are talking about Rob Roy moving venue at short notice to wherever will host a game giving no consideration to fans who would have to travel even further than we/they already do.You are now going off on a tangent talking about the leagues as a whole and teams having to cram 3 games in a week come may which has little relevance to what is being talked about.

Did Beith not play Kilbirnie there a few seasons back? If both teams agree on a venue such as Toryglen why should the SJFA care about it?

That was a closed doors game played under very strict criteria laid down by the powers that be.

Ok but if you moved to Hampden or any senior ground would that be acceptable. My point is a UEFA approved 4G facility at Tory Glen and Ravenscraig are state of the art. There not fit for a junior match come on get a grip.

I'm not disagreeing, Toryglen is a top class facility and Glencairn use it regularly. Our youth teams all train there, and the first team have used the indoor arena for friendly matches on several occasions.

But there are rules regarding for competitive matches which cannot just be disregarded. When Girvan v Glencairn was postponed something like 6 times a couple of years ago, they suggested several venues for the game to be played, all of them excellent facilities. The SJFA had to give their approval, and rejected some of them because of the criteria required for competitive matches. The game was finally played at Largs.

Cant see many games going ahead today! just hope we don't have a continuation of this weather or even worse.

We can only wait and yes think we all just want to get on with the games and have got at least half way through games,gives us less pressure don't want two games a week if we can avoid it! Hope so.

Take a miracle to clear that pitch be pretty dangerous.

Anyway see what the situation is later on today.

Who say's we are going to be held up for weeks ??

This is junior football semi pro not some amateur league where you can move about venues at will.

We are talking about Rob Roy moving venue at short notice to wherever will host a game giving no consideration to fans who would have to travel even further than we/they already do.You are now going off on a tangent talking about the leagues as a whole and teams having to cram 3 games in a week come may which has little relevance to what is being talked about.

It's true lads have work commitments and can't give up earning to cram a whole load of games into a few weeks it farcical tired players under strength teams going for honours or fighting for their lives it's not ideal we fell apart last season and it was due inactivity without doubt

Archived