Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BeverleyHills said:

Guy's

Am out the country just now but getting updates daily,obviously not looking good and will get a further update in the morning.Suspect some of the RR committee will be down tomorrow so i will be in contact with them and revert back asap.

Thank you for the info.

Incidentally Mr Hills i suspect it's been a long time since you were refered to as a 'lad ' :huh::)

I'm sure something will be arranged usually do when there's a call off.

Saw on another thread Willie has a torn quad?

Well not sure but that was what he said on Saturday when I asked him. I did the same when I played and was out for two months only with me I had a slight hole where it torn

With the cold weather more of the older players will start picking up strains due to cold weather and heavy conditions , calfs , hammies , Achilles and groin. Got a big squad and if you get a good run in cups your going to need all of your squad at some point just need to look at senior game. So it's important that all players are match fit , confident and ready. Could be a great year

Well not sure but that was what he said on Saturday when I asked him. I did the same when I played and was out for two months only with me I had a slight hole where it torn

Sore one if its the case! Hopefully it isn't a long time he's out for!

Nobody from the Roy has ever wanted to play a game anywhere other than guy's meadow. 

We have played a decent amount of league games so far (8) our 8th league game last season was played on jan 23rd two months later than this year. Even if we could ( which we can't ) move it to a place like that we wouldn't or shouldn't. 

You make one ground your home and that's that, no rush to get the games played so no need.

We will also have some kind of agreement with cumbernauld that can't just be ditched here and there to suit ourselves it's not fair to mess cumbernauld who have been fine hosts. All hypothetical as the previous poster say's it just wouldn't be allowed .

Cumbernauld have dug us out of a hole and it's much appreciated but guys suffers badly when the weather turns and our lack of action last season when it did almost cost us our super league status wouldn't be a bad thing if SJFA and clubs could come to an agreement to have games played at quality venues in bad weather but as previous poster said we can't as we have to be respectful to our current hosts

You can't just play official junior games at any Venue that suits you. The venue has to meet certain criteria and be approved by the SJFA for it to host junior matches. They can't just move it to another venue.

Ok but if you moved to Hampden or any senior ground would that be acceptable. My point is a UEFA approved 4G facility at Tory Glen and Ravenscraig are state of the art. There not fit for a junior match come on get a grip.

2 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Ok but if you moved to Hampden or any senior ground would that be acceptable. My point is a UEFA approved 4G facility at Tory Glen and Ravenscraig are state of the art. There not fit for a junior match come on get a grip.

Did Beith not play Kilbirnie there a few seasons back? If both teams agree on a venue such as Toryglen why should the SJFA care about it?

[/quote

If you want to play 3 games a week during April then I would agree with what your saying. No one said move to Ravenscraig and ditch Cumbernauld but like everything in life you need to be flexible and if a facility is not available during a cold spell then common sense should kick in.

Personally feel league games straight away instead of cup games at start of season Saturday Wednesday cup games are for spring going into end of season but it won't change teams loose momentum as we did last season due to the winter conditions a rethink needed fans would love end of season cup competitions if your team out of contention for league

Archived