Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it will bear an advantage, only thing is though the East Superleague is a tough, tight league. We were given a fright against Perthshire who are in the 2nd division, albeit they're top. We'll need to be at our best

Took in the Perthshire match and the wee park didn't suit us. We couldn't get round behind them and the conditions were very poor. Bigger Park will suit the wide players just need the middle to put a shift in more mobile stronger.

Yeah that's true mate. The way we play we use the wide men a lot. Sometimes I find we play better at quick passing along the deck and sometimes watching the high wide ball being played to no avail is frustrating. But I think the park this Saturday will be difficult to get a good passing game going

We score a good number of goals when we play through the middle, I thought Chris Duff played and linked up well with the strikers when he was played in the middle.

Big Blow for us with Willie out as he has the muscle we need up front

Can't remember having played Lochee Utd .

Played three Dundee teams in the last 25 years.

Early 90s Dundee violet, Dundee Elmwood mid 90s and Lochee Harp only 3 years ago.

Played Musselburgh once in last 25 years back in 2008.
No idea when this game will get played as Cumbernauld have also been drawn at home.

Yer man sawyers is no fat really.
Opposition fans have given him stick that's fitba guys that can perform and are no clones of Ronaldo or Bale always get a bit. Hope for all he comes back just as sharp if yer reading this sawyers don't ruin your fine first half of the season screw the nut and see out the whole season on a high you only get one shot at fitba at a decent level.

Big guy carries a wee bit of timber but has made effort this season and delivered really hope he is wise and steers clear of over doing it over festive season will be a few postponements from now on so he could be invaluable in run in but pretty sure the boys coming in will be adequate replacements

Going to game tomorrow just getting used to this pie and bovril thing my daughter Nicole has been showing me around it she is going tomorrow as well cmon the rabs give us a win.

It's confusing at first but gets easier! Hope it's a good game with us extending our lead at the top!

It's all about the results from now on we did great up until this stage last season then fell apart now without big Willie it going to be harder but saying that the big fella was poor last season so others must grab their chance and show people we aren't a 1 man side look after eld rab Nicole hen he an eld bugger who won't sit on his arse at his age but it keeps him active [emoji106]

That's not quite right.

Willie like most last season was good up until Feb time then his form dipped like everyone. So to describe him as poor last season doesn't tell the whole story.
Willie got 12 goals from 34 games
Kevin 9 goals from 27.

Both players are better than that goals ratio from last season.

Kevin was in the times today talking about things and it was a very good interview .

I like Kevin as a player and he was very complimentary towards Willie to the point where he described him as the best forward in the juniors the now.

Kevin with a bit of luck, hard work and bit better form can also become one of the top strikers in the juniors.

Archived