Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Only a friendly the true test will come after a few league games that's when we can be judged.

Obviously good friendly results and a good sectional cup will give us that confidence.

We are a confidence team with good confidence we are capable of beating anyone in junior football.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petershill 2-1 Rob Roy Halftime.

Petershill opened scoring with a counter attack. Roy equalised with about 37 mins in with a tap in. Petershill went back infront with 3 mins of the half left

Rob Roy with plenty of chances just not taking them

Fraser, Walker, McMenamin, Watt, Duff, Brown all first choice picks in my opinion not about today. Obviously just a pre season game.
Petershill will do well this coming season especially at home.

As ever mon the famous rabs !!

Thought Peasy dominated a good bit of the game today. Roy's centre backs were caught with a lack of pace and lost two goals to headers. I know they had a few players missing but so did peasy, as always happens at this time of the season. Looking forward to the season now and hoping to get back up at the first time of asking. Good luck to Rob Roy for the season. 

Peasie midfield lost the battle but look more dangerous going forward with the pace of magladrigan and the new boy who I was very impressed with , plenty of positives for peasie and with the rabs plenty of good young talent there going in the right direction good luck to both clubs

Petershill as i said will finish top three for me next season in super first.

Given our current squad I would pick

Brown
Walker
McKenzie
Two from three centre backs Barr, Green, Buchanan
Shaun Fraser
McMenamin or Whelan
Two wide men Duff and Gallagher
With Sawyers and Watt up front.

Take it from there and see how they do with decent talent on the bench who can hopefully step up .

6 or 7 of my starting line up didn't start today.

Under no illusions it will be difficult for us this coming season but we have the ability to do well and surprise a few again like we did last season.

Ermmmm that's a silly post if you don't mind me saying.

Players would have been unavailable as is common this time of year.

It's good to give different players a run out from the start.

We have played four games, won three. You can't take anything much from those games other than fitness so it's been neither a 'great build' up or 'ruined'.

In other words chill out a bit.

Players away off on holiday such as Duff.

Pre Season friendlies are there to give players game time whether usual starters or not and to try different tactics etc.

I saw some things I liked so I'm looking forward to the season and feel although we got beat 4-1 I think we can all look forward.

As ever the season will be full of ups and downs.
Hopefully more ups than downs mind you [emoji3].
Go with it support the team and management and enjoy the club playing in the top flight once again something we have enjoyed now for near on a decade bar that one season in the second tier which is also a fine league.

Ermmmm that's a silly post if you don't mind me saying.

Players would have been unavailable as is common this time of year.

It's good to give different players a run out from the start.

We have played four games, won three. You can't take anything much from those games other than fitness so it's been neither a 'great build' up or 'ruined'.

In other words chill out a bit.

Momentum redneck start the season with a winning mentality and your first picks especially against a decent side yesterday would have done them all good suppose maxi knows what he is doing

As i said buttplug chill out and stop looking for reasons to have a go.

No bother mr Roy must remember to agree with everything you say forgive me for having a view sir not having a go just want first choices to be playing all the time now pre season done he must know his best team baffling first picks should have played as much time yesterday as they could the good start saved our skins if not for that it was relegation the game is all about opinions and I respect yours

Pre season is not about just playing 'first choice ' players that's pointless no team does that and has been stated players were simply unavailable you could see that just by looking at team sheet. You can't play people who were not at the game!

Everyone knows the situation fans players management don't need you going on about relegation and negative stuff all the time.

Archived