Football league 2016-2017

I only watched the second half so didn't catch the red cards and missed penalties, but I wasn't overly impressed by how Forest went about their business against nine men for over 45 minutes - regardless of whether or not Newcastle are the best team in the division. Looked to me like they were lacking ideas for majority of the half, especially at 1-1, and the winning goal had a large element of fortune about it. But I suppose they won't be caring too much about all that. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched the highlights but both the red cards looked fair enough to me.

I was bemused by them. There's really not much in the Shelvey incident and waving play on would have sufficed. The forest player rolling over was cringey. The second one is simply a dive. Someone putting their hands on your back is not enough to send you tumbling to the ground.

1,118. So, not as bad as it could've been but still smaller than most League One/Two clubs would have got for a tie in the competition before shitty B teams were introduced.

Also, confirmation that the 271 who attended West Brom B v Gillingham in the previous round is the lowest crowd in the competition's 34-year history.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

We don't have a 3pm Saturday away game for five months (maybe longer if Rotherham and subsequent fixtures continue to be fucked about with).

Welcome to the SKY run championship, who p*ss every club fan off with the rearranging of games. At least this season games are shown involving most of the clubs in the division.

Also this year they give clubs at least FIVE weeks notice which never happened before.

14 minutes ago, Glasgow Loon said:

Brighton made a £25.9m loss last season:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251262

Be worth it as I do believe Brighton will go up automatically this year. Fantastic squad of players and they have strength in every position as well as having a brilliant manager. The best team I've seen at Hillsborough this season by a long way.

Archived