Italian Football Thread

Kris.

15 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

In the early kick off, Reggiana beat Livorno 2-1. Obviously, there's still the second leg to go but you may get your wish

Here's hoping!

Got the Parma game on now, good opening 10 minutes from them, Calaio going close twice. Should have scored after about a minute but the keeper made a great save.

Calaio equalises just before half time. Missed the goal as I was switching from watching on the phone to the pc. Baws.

Half Time:

Parma 1-1 Lucchese
Lecce 0-1 Alessandria
Pordenone 0-0 Cosenza

Livorno 1-2 Reggiana
Parma 2-1 Lucchese
Lecce 1-1 Alessandria
Pordenone 1-0 Cosenza

Parma the better side as expected, despite not getting out of second gear. Pordenone won their leg with a 97th minute winner, whilst Lecce and Alessandria could only draw.

Footy quiz I go to went to tie break tonight and question was combined total of appearances and goals Totti made for Roma and Italy, got 13 off to take home the bacon. Also had a Bari question in picture round but we slipped up on which two German players from euro 88 played in serie a. 

Aye, what is that? A wheeze to get round some FFP rules or something? Seems a strange way to do things when you're committing to 2 years and then a transfer fee on the back of it... or can both clubs agree agree termination? Although why a loaning club would agree to terminate a loan of the player is injured or really out of form at his loaned to club on don't know.

On 31/05/2017 at 23:39, Latino Lover said:

Footy quiz I go to went to tie break tonight and question was combined total of appearances and goals Totti made for Roma and Italy, got 13 off to take home the bacon. Also had a Bari question in picture round but we slipped up on which two German players from euro 88 played in serie a. 

Would guess Brehme and Matthaus? Probably too early for Klinsmann. Inter went German whilst Milan went Dutch.

Hoping Livorno can turn it round in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, what is that? A wheeze to get round some FFP rules or something? Seems a strange way to do things when you're committing to 2 years and then a transfer fee on the back of it... or can both clubs agree agree termination? Although why a loaning club would agree to terminate a loan of the player is injured or really out of form at his loaned to club on don't know.

Juve did this with Cuadrado too. You're probably on the money with it being some workaround to FFP.

8 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Would guess Brehme and Matthaus? Probably too early for Klinsmann. Inter went German whilst Milan went Dutch.

Hoping Livorno can turn it round in the playoffs.

Berthold and voller. We said same. Got full quiz and answers here if anyone's bored.

http://theseats.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c45ac5e609b9022291d0ec01a&id=8e46202e3b&e=3935f6ce9f

I would say it's more to do with the fact that Milan don't actually have much money, at all. So being able to defer buying someone for two seasons is actually a really good idea.
I actually thinks it's pretty disappointing that co-ownership is on its way out as well, it actually seemed to balance the market really well as it was a sort of blind bid type thing, I think. Now they'll need to pay ridiculous fees, and wasn't the idea of co-ownership to protect team finances? It also meant that players like Domenico Berardi still got to play football for Sass, and wasn't languishing on Juve's bench, for example.

I would say it's more to do with the fact that Milan don't actually have much money, at all. So being able to defer buying someone for two seasons is actually a really good idea.
I actually thinks it's pretty disappointing that co-ownership is on its way out as well, it actually seemed to balance the market really well as it was a sort of blind bid type thing, I think. Now they'll need to pay ridiculous fees, and wasn't the idea of co-ownership to protect team finances? It also meant that players like Domenico Berardi still got to play football for Sass, and wasn't languishing on Juve's bench, for example.

Haven't Milan been taken over by Chinese investors and are loaded now?

On 2017-6-3 at 10:40, Mr. Brightside said:

Juventus did the same with Cuartado didn't they? And they weren't short of a few bob when they signed him initially from Chelsea on loan?

On 5/31/2017 at 21:31, Kris. said:

Livorno 1-2 Reggiana
Parma 2-1 Lucchese
Lecce 1-1 Alessandria
Pordenone 1-0 Cosenza

Second leg scores (after 90 mins):

Reggiana 1-2 Livorno - extra time being played, Reggiana have just made it 2-2.

Alessandria 0-0 Lecce - extra time played, no-one scored. Has gone to penalties.

Lucchese-Parma and Cosenza-Pordenone kicked off at 7:30. No goals in either game yet.

The first leg of the Serie B playoff final between Carpi and Benevento also kicked off at 7:30. No goals yet. The second leg will be played on Thursday.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen