Italian Football Thread

Kris.

this is more like it - coppa italia draw made :thumsup2

click here for details - Hellas potentially get Como in the third round - might be going to Italy a bit earlier than anticipated thjs Autumn !

edit: or maybe not - was sure i'd read that the higher ranked teams would be away from home in the ties this year, but evidently not the case - piss poor - i'm back to hating the whole "pre-drawn" format again...

Edited by Herman Hessian

....and the formation of a new club in Cesena:

The adhesion to the municipal announcement for the birth of the new soccer Cesena expired at 12.00. Pubblisole became the spokesperson for a grouping of about 20 local companies and presented a three-year proposal in line with the requirements indicated by the top managers of Palazzo Albornoz. The new company that will be created, in case of winning the public tender, will have 200 thousand euro of initial share capital. This with regard to the initial phase because already other companies have confirmed that they want to join in the event that Pubblisole becomes the assignee of the call. It is therefore assumed that in the three years there are about 5 million euros deriving from the amounts paid by the shareholders, in equal shares, from advertising sales that will take care of the same Pubblisole, from the main sponsor that will appear on the new shirt, sponsorship of the youth sector and the naming of the Dino Manuzzi stadium. The project presented, in addition to the first team that will play the Series D after taking over the sporting title of RC Cesena, provides the structuring of a men's youth sector that will have as its root the Under11 up to the junior category and the birth of 4 women's teams divided by age. The name of the new club will be "Cesena FC".

"The role of Pubblisole was to represent the team also to facilitate the bureaucratic process of the new consortium intent on bringing football back to the city.In the event of award of the competition, Pubblisole will recede to leave room for the member companies that will constitute the NewCo and will manage the press office, marketing and advertising activities related to Cesena FC as concessionaire, and we would like to thank all those who helped define the plan and the small and medium-sized businesses in the area who have demonstrated their attachment to the Bianconeri colours by participating in this new project. project".

edit: all the above now confirmed: the new F C Cesena will be taking over the registration  and league status of Romagna Centro Cesena, formerly in Serie D (Girone D).

Edited by Herman Hessian

....and the formation of a new club in Cesena:

The adhesion to the municipal announcement for the birth of the new soccer Cesena expired at 12.00. Pubblisole became the spokesperson for a grouping of about 20 local companies and presented a three-year proposal in line with the requirements indicated by the top managers of Palazzo Albornoz. The new company that will be created, in case of winning the public tender, will have 200 thousand euro of initial share capital. This with regard to the initial phase because already other companies have confirmed that they want to join in the event that Pubblisole becomes the assignee of the call. It is therefore assumed that in the three years there are about 5 million euros deriving from the amounts paid by the shareholders, in equal shares, from advertising sales that will take care of the same Pubblisole, from the main sponsor that will appear on the new shirt, sponsorship of the youth sector and the naming of the Dino Manuzzi stadium. The project presented, in addition to the first team that will play the Series D after taking over the sporting title of RC Cesena, provides the structuring of a men's youth sector that will have as its root the Under11 up to the junior category and the birth of 4 women's teams divided by age. The name of the new club will be "Cesena FC".

"The role of Pubblisole was to represent the team also to facilitate the bureaucratic process of the new consortium intent on bringing football back to the city.In the event of award of the competition, Pubblisole will recede to leave room for the member companies that will constitute the NewCo and will manage the press office, marketing and advertising activities related to Cesena FC as concessionaire, and we would like to thank all those who helped define the plan and the small and medium-sized businesses in the area who have demonstrated their attachment to the Bianconeri colours by participating in this new project. project".

Aye, that's all good and well...but I'm still waiting on the previous El Presidente to publish his enemies list.

On 7/14/2016 at 09:11, Allan Jacobsen said:

Lucchese may not be given a licence AGAIN. Third time they have got themselves settled into Lega Pro/Serie C, third time this has happened. I think it's only been 10 years between their first enforced demotion to Eccellenza and this potential new one.

some things never change; Lucchese have provided all the relevant assurances, won their appeal against various administrative oversights and witholding tax payments and - yet again - been re-admitted to Serie C; seems to now be a traditional part of the Italian pre-season preparations...

On 7/17/2018 at 18:24, Herman Hessian said:

and in the latest politicking from italy - the FIGC, in light of the alleged "max fixing" rumours, have demanded either a two point deduction from Parma's record from last season which would invalidate their promotion, or the application of a six point deduction in Serie A for 2018/19 - I'm not sure who now decides which penalty is going to be applied if the case against them is proven...

the main protagonst Emanuele Calaiò will been banned from all football-related activities for four years, and fined an undisclosed sum, if found guilty...

initial verdict - pending the result of an appeal - is a five point deduction to be applied this coming season, and a two year ban for Calaiò

I'm moving to Italy at the start of September and I have a bit of a choice for local teams: Cittadella, Venezia and Padova. Udinese will be my local Serie A club.

Is there anything unsavoury (more than the usual financial mismanagement) about those teams I should know before pegging my colours?

25 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm moving to Italy at the start of September and I have a bit of a choice for local teams: Cittadella, Venezia and Padova. Udinese will be my local Serie A club.

Is there anything unsavoury (more than the usual financial mismanagement) about those teams I should know before pegging my colours?

I think Venezia are supposedly quite left-leaning, working class. Have a bit of money behind them now and their ground is on an island.

Don’t know much about the other 2 tbh.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

i can't really think of anything that'd warrant excluding any of them out of hand but - starting from scratch and with a free choice - i'd go for Padova; their ground is great, their ultras (Leoni della Nord) can really crank it up on occasion, and they really, really hate Vicenza, which is great in my book  :thumsup2

euganeo.jpg

the name's a legacy of their place on the curva nord of their old Appiani stadium (below)

padova-parma-1982-83-2.jpg

la-storia-della-padova-ultras.png

there were known to be a bit right wing back in the 80's, embraced the whole casual culture in the 90's (had a few proper tear-ups with Pisa for some reason) and now - at the new stadium - are tending towards the right again, but not with any serious intent; the only drawback about Padova is that the Euganeo is a shit to get to if you're not driving - it's a 45 minute walk from the Piazzalli station, unless you fancy dealing with death-wish cab drivers and their randomly variable fares !

failing that - and depending on where you are going to be based, how about Unione Triestina - another fantastic ground, and a bangin' set of ultras ???

edit: meant to say - given the projected location of your new team, I'm glad that Virtus Twatting Vicenza or whatever they're going to be called don't seem to have even been a consideration for you - good work !

Edited by Herman Hessian

So what's so horrid about Vicenza then? I actually had a Vicenza shirt that I bought on holiday about twenty-five years ago. Bit of a shame about how far Padova's stadium is from the station; I'll be using public transport. I'll see how the fixtures lie and try out a few clubs. I'll probably be working Saturday mornings so Trieste will probably be a bit far for me to reach unfortunately, looks a great stadium though.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

So what's so horrid about Vicenza then? I actually had a Vicenza shirt that I bought on holiday about twenty-five years ago. Bit of a shame about how far Padova's stadium is from the station; I'll be using public transport. I'll see how the fixtures lie and try out a few clubs. I'll probably be working Saturday mornings so Trieste will probably be a bit far for me to reach unfortunately, looks a great stadium though.

heh - nothing wrong with Vicenza other than they are Verona's traditional (local) rivals, going way back to when both clubs first formed - I think I'm contractually obliged to loathe them...

to be fair, putting the recent goings on to one side, they also have a fantastic little ground which is less than a mile from the station, a decent set of fans (though I've only ever seen them at close quarters at the derby matches, so you'd expect them to be mad fer it); with Renzo Rosso in charge, they should be well able to challenge for promotion and if he really throws some money at them, who knows

on the downside, residents of Vicenza eat cats...

it's a pity that Padova and Trieste are out of the running for you - don't forget that you've got Mestre and Pordenone pretty close at hand, too and Montebelluna and Treviso a bit lower down the pyramid; Cittadella I really don't know much about I'm afraid - samll ground, nice shirts is all i've got there, and Venezia - well, it's not going to be boring with Joe Tacopina in charge and the idea of piling off the train at Santa Lucia and going the rest of the way to the ground via water taxi is just great - was lined up to do that last season before the game got switched to a friday night and the timings all went bad for getting back to Verona - bah; it's a half hour trip straight in to  the Sant'Elena stop - they do "football specials" too - needs to be done just for the experience IMO

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Do you have any kids/significant others? Last season, Treviso were doing stupidly cheap entry for kids and women - might have even been free. I'm sure the cost of a season ticket in general was ridiculously cheap. Might be worth a shot. Pordenone might be worth a shout too. I think they're quite an ambitious club, which means they'll either be in Serie B next season or somewhere quite far down the pyramid because they're skint.

54 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

it's a pity that Padova and Trieste are out of the running for you - don't forget that you've got Mestre and Pordenone pretty close at hand, too and Montebelluna and Treviso a bit lower down the pyramid

Can also consider Mestre part of the amateur squad now.

21 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

anyone know how to get this eleven sports network serie a and la liga will be next year

Their Twitter page posts some vague details every now and then. As it stands you can stream it on their website or through an Apple/Android app (they claim to be in talks to get it on TV too). Prices supposedly announced next week.