Robson-Kanu's goal vs Belgium

Definitely meant it. Still not close to the goal of the tournament. Shakiri's gets better every time I see it. That Griezmann goal is a favourite of mines too against Iceland, just down to the sheer mentalness of the ball even getting to him.

He got extremely lucky (or great skill) that the Belgian defence thought he'd be laying the ball off and effectively just left him to turn as they were too busy watching the runners. Hats down to communication - or lack of - between a thrown together back four. 

I think it's a very good goal, but nowhere near Modric or Shaqiri's.

Bit of a sentimental pick I think, purely because he's Welsh. It being against a fancied Belgian side probably helped too, despite the defending being awful

Shaqiri, Modric, Griezmann, and possibly Ronaldo's first against Hungary can all be argued to be superior.

One guy had Ramsey as player of the tournament as well :unsure:

Team of the Tournament doesn't have Pepe...

Arguably a good call, Ramsey had a great tournament, perhaps not the best player but definitely up there. The whole semifinal might have played out differently had he not been suspended such would have been his influence on it!!!

Don't know how Pepe wasn't included???

Robson Kanu's goal has been chosen because of the fact it's Wales and it's a remarkable story because he doesn't have a club etc. I don't think anyone who picked it genuinely believes it was the best goal of the tournament. Shaquiri's goal was comfortably the best goal of the tournament.

I'll echo others thoughts that's it in their as more of a sentimental goal than for it's quality (not that it's a bad goal). However, it's my favourite goal of the tournament given the importance and also the sheer comedy of sending three players the wrong way with one turn. I'd lose my shit if a Scotland player did that in a Euro QF.

Quality-wise, Shaqiri's is the best IMO. It's a ridiculous piece of skill to score overhead kick from outside the area.

45 minutes ago, Mozzamozza said:

Its their Gemmill moment.

Let them have it.  In about 4 years time they'll be back to being fucking rank again.

(hopefully)

Their "Gemmill" moment got them to a SF, ours was another glorious failure.

Of the team that beat Belgium only Williams, Hennessy and Ledley will be over 31. Hennessey will be 33 So should still be around. So I would suggest they'll still be decent team in 4 years and probably the tournament after that as well. 

Our team that drew with Poland only Hanley Richie and Forrest will be under 32 in 4 years.!!!

Archived