The official Martin Canning to Leave Hamilton Academical as 1st team manager thread.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, some of us are rather sick about our pathetic performance in cups. I've been going since 1980 and haven't even seen us reach a cup semi final. Only Morton, out of all the other so called middle ranking clubs, have been as poor in that time and that could change shortly. The performance last night was ridiculous. Was Brophy really injured or being rested for Saturday? A bit like Andreu's mysterious one game injury against Thistle a couple of seasons ago when we got papped out the Scottish Cup in November. And this League Cup was brilliant wasn't it, five games to go out in the 2nd round, we managed that in ONE NIGHT last season!

I'm as annoyed as anyone else about our cup record, but we can't go from singing Canning's praises to hounding him every time we have a bad result and/or performance. I also don't think Canning's the man for the job, but we need to stick by him all season, because as we all know, he isn't going anywhere. We don't have the board that'll give in to what the fans think (that was evident last year), so we need to try and stick by him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Where do you expect Hamilton to be?

Realistically with the right manager we could be pushing for top six and perhaps at least a semi final place in a cup. We may have a poor fan base but we have the structure in place to be an established Premiership team. I don't see a huge difference between us and the likes of ICT or Ross County who have both in recent times had fantastic seasons. If life in the Premiership is going to consist of just about surviving each season then I think I'd rather we were relegated.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Realistically with the right manager we could be pushing for top six and perhaps at least a semi final place in a cup. We may have a poor fan base but we have the structure in place to be an established Premiership team. I don't see a huge difference between us and the likes of ICT or Ross County who have both in recent times had fantastic seasons. If life in the Premiership is going to consist of just about surviving each season then I think I'd rather we were relegated.

A very honest assessment Bert.

I see your last sentence and think of Killie.

A club happy to be 10th every season from now on and crowds dropping to less than 2500 home fans.

As for Hamilton, it's probably harder to get out the championship than it is to stay in the Premiership 

32 minutes ago, yummy fur said:

Put in place by the idiots that run the club?

True. Does that mean they are now immune to criticism?

They have put in place a manager who is not fit for purpose and gave him players not fit for purpose. They have also gave Colin McGowan free reign to make a complete mockery of our club so yes, I would say they're idiots as they're losing fans every week due to their choices and it will keep going in like this.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:36, Bert Raccoon said:

Not to suggest that you couldn't or shouldn't aspire to this, but Celtic aside, that's pretty much every team in the league. 

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Not to suggest that you couldn't or shouldn't aspire to this, but Celtic aside, that's pretty much every team in the league. 

Absolutely. The difference is we never have whilst teams of a similar standing to ourselves have. We just seem to be happy trundling along as a yoyo club when with some decent management and vision we really could aspire to more.

Archived